How warm do your motors get?

38super

Hi All
Most of the time I am flying a F550 with a E300 setup. Using maxamps 9000xl batteries which are very heavy .Only gear I have on is the 3h-3d and go pro
I am about 300g over weight but it flys like a dream . I did make a change. Changed the stock props to 10" Graupners ......with stock props it just did not handle very well. I get about 17 min of flight time with cell reading of 3.70 v at end of flight. After every flight I feel the ESCs and motors to see how hot they are . ESCs are cool , motors are somewhat warm but not close to what I would call hot this is also flying on some pretty hot days. I like this set up . It is very well balanced so not giving any strain to one side or other.
Flying is also full out in atti mode for maybe half the flight .It is very stable ...does fast 360 without any drift makes turns in very tight places ,,,It just has a great feel Just want some feed back on motor temps after long flights you guys are getting ...... Thanks Will

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It depends. Most of the time my motors are cool or a little warm. If it is really humid then they get very warm as it is harder to dissipate the heat. Ambient temperature seems to be the only thing that makes mine get warm.

Hood49

Running SunnySky's 980kv with 10' props on 4S and motors get barely warm after 13 minutes flight.