How to charge nano-tech 4500mah 4S 25~50C

SPW

Could some help with some advices? Please! I don't know how to charge the nano-tech 4500mah 4S 25~50C battery. I'm having the turnigy accucell 6 charger and i don't know how to set up the best profile for this 4s battery.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Plug it in and set type to LiPo, voltage to 4S and Amps to 4.5A, start charging. 4.5A will give 1C charge rate.

SPW

I see.
I'm new to this hobby!
My flying time with this battery with the quad(f450) fully loaded is 12 mints. Any recommendation to increase the flying time?

FlyGirl

I see.
I'm new to this hobby!
My flying time with this battery with the quad(f450) fully loaded is 12 mints. Any recommendation to increase the flying time?

That's about right for a 450 not loaded down.... All you can do is go to a battery with more capacity, lighten the 450 somehow, and play with prop sizes and pitch to find the most efficient set up. Your bird though is right in the normal time range for what you are flying....

SPW

I have another problem. The radio used for my F450 is Futaba T8J. The battery used for remote is O-HE4N1200AASF. On the turnigy accucell 6 charger i don't have 120mah charging option. Only from 100mah to 6ah. How do i set up the charging mode fro this battery? and how many volts do i set up? 4.8v or 6v?

FlyGirl

That battery appears to be 1200mah, not 120mah which means you would charge at 1.2a. It is a 4.8v battery so that would be the voltage. Can I ask you a question? Any reason you're not powering the receiver via the main battery?

SPW

attachment.php
This O-HE4N1200AASF is the battery from Futaba. I don't have the individual charger.

Attachments

• O-HE4N1200AASF.jpg
    O-HE4N1200AASF.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 215

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
That battery appears to be 1200mah, not 120mah which means you would charge at 1.2a. It is a 4.8v battery so that would be the voltage. Can I ask you a question? Any reason you're not powering the receiver via the main battery?

I think he is, the four cell pack is from his transmitter. Charge the Tx pack at 200mh, it will be fine, be sure to set for NiCd or NiMh depending on the type.

SPW

[MENTION=7315]PeteDee[/MENTION]

Charging voltage 4.8v or 6v?
From my experience, beeing a 4 cell pack, each one has 1.2V nominal. Fully charged it must be 1.5 or 1.6V. Right?

Quinton

@PeteDee

Charging voltage 4.8v or 6v?
From my experience, beeing a 4 cell pack, each one has 1.2V nominal. Fully charged it must be 1.5 or 1.6V. Right?

Yep I had the same problem a short while ago as you.
Did your transmitter not come with a wall charger, I know you can not buy them anywhere, you may be able to swap it our for a 2S lipo instead which would be a lot easier to charge within an hour, just check with Ripmax/Futaba as I don,t have the 8J.

You can read my post here..

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...h-transmitter-batteries&highlight=charge+nimh

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
If you set your charger for 4s NiMh it should take care of it for you. What charger do you have?

Pete

SPW

[MENTION=9737]Quinton[/MENTION]: My Futaba t8j didn't come with wall charger :( and i don't want to try some inventions :D

Pete. I'm having the turnigy accucell 6 charger
attachment.php

Attachments

• turnigy.jpg
    turnigy.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 199

SPW

In the end I've manage to charge the battery. Slow process.. With lipoy it's much faster.
attachment.php

Attachments

• rsz_img_0985.jpg
    rsz_img_0985.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 182

cdrking

The Ni-Mh battery that is pictured is a 1200 mah pack and can be safely (fast) charged at 1.2 amps. I usually charge mine Ni-Mh packs at a lower rate, say 0.8 amps. If you Google "Triton Charger Manual" you will find some useful information on charging different chemistry packs. I don't see a lot of good information on the sites about charging Ni-Mh and Ni-Cad batteries anymore, I believe it has to do with the popularity of Li-Po batteries.

Jeff