XAircraft How I solved my props-problem

CMonteiro

Hi guys,
I wanted to mount ordinary props on the threaded shaft of xaircraft motors.
A dificult task. First I tested the common adapters, as you can see in first picture.
View attachment 931
Not good. The prop fitted too high in the shaft and I believ that the adaptor sleeve would sooner or later damage the shaft thread.
So I made this draw of my version of a good adaptor and had it made in a mechanical office.
View attachment 933

And see what I got.

View attachment 932

2 grams adaptor. In the right place. And for less than 2 euros each.
Hope this helps someone.
C. Monteiro

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 269
  • Adaptador.jpg
    Adaptador.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 237

jes1111

Very neat!

I presume you're in the north somewhere? I'm down here in the Algarve and finding a metalomecanica around here is... impossible!

CMonteiro

Very neat!

I presume you're in the north somewhere? I'm down here in the Algarve and finding a metalomecanica around here is... impossible!
May be you can find something in Faro or Portimão. A good start is to locate offices related to cars, and then ask them. Car offices frquently subcontract lathe works somewhere.

Hi guys,
I wanted to mount ordinary props on the threaded shaft of xaircraft motors.
A dificult task. First I tested the common adapters, as you can see in first picture.
View attachment 1655
Not good. The prop fitted too high in the shaft and I believ that the adaptor sleeve would sooner or later damage the shaft thread.
So I made this draw of my version of a good adaptor and had it made in a mechanical office.
View attachment 1657

And see what I got.

View attachment 1656

2 grams adaptor. In the right place. And for less than 2 euros each.
Hope this helps someone.
C. Monteiro

Just Awesome !!!