how have you done it?

andy

Attachments

• 10628509_10152326955936127_7356833788001614838_n.jpg
    10628509_10152326955936127_7356833788001614838_n.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 291

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I do it in a giant and expensive Peli case (and a cheap Citroen Xsara...)

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 433

jfro

Aerial Fun
We did it like this...
attachment.php

how have you done it?

andy

I like it. I've been thinking about something like that or maybe taking a dirtbike and making something like you have on the back.....

Your bike would be more people friendly.

Did you buy it like that or do the mods yourself?

ZAxis

jfro...
It was just borrowed for the day where we were shooting. A large industrial complex... the workers had used it for getting around.

Ronan

Very expensive Pelican cases, same with the rest of my equipment. Got 5 cases in total... jammed in a supercharged 2002 ford mustang LOL!

I need a work vehicle...

SDB777

Since mine has decided to 'wigout'...I just carry it from the backroom to the kitchen to try more testing.

Someday, maybe I can carry it outside?

Scott (your Pelican cost more then my quad) B

coreyperez

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Above is my "main" case, the bottom quad "was" a Flying Monkey "Honey Badger". I put DJI arms on it and now call it my "Crash Quad". Just for going out and acting like a putz, doing flips, etc. KK2.1

The top layer is my Disco Pro, the mini-pelican case (inside the main pelican case) is my Base station. I'm planning out the use of the rest of the case at this time, Most likely to include a battery storage area and place for my Uno and goggle cut out.

attachment.php

This smaller case is for my Antenna Tracker, below the tripod is a couple different configurations of antenna mounts below it, I've got videos on YouTube (coreyperez13). The antenna tracker mounts on the Tripod, whichever mount configuration I opt I can choose, they all use quick-release tripod bases. I can even mount the antenna mount, without the AAT for localized flying and smaller footprint.

The remaining area is to be occupied by the Duo, Uno, Antennas, goggles and batteries. These have to be cut out even still at this point. I've been waiting since spring for FatShark to get off their FatA$$ and actually distribute the "released" goggles they promised this spring. I've currently on using my "Base" version goggles and the base station as a backup. I'm also still on the fence if I want to make the cuts before getting my UHF equipment and then have to figure that out after.

Lots of people think pelican cases are overkill. Consider I carry over 3k in the green one when its all said and done, the black AAT case is going to be nearly 2k when I get my new goggles. SMALL fraction of the total cost and offers amazing protection. I even took the green case from Korea to the US and then Alaska (round trip) with absolutely no issues. Traveling without? Bad, Bad idea.

Corey

Attachments

• 1st Layer.jpg
    1st Layer.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 240
  • 2nd Layer.jpg
    2nd Layer.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 3rd Layer.jpg
    3rd Layer.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 235
  • 4th Layer (2).jpg
    4th Layer (2).jpg
    153 KB · Views: 242
  • AAT.jpg
    AAT.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited by a moderator:

Ronan

Just looked, my biggest case is a Pelican 0370. Still need to cut the foam, didn't buy the precut version, they charge close to $400 for a $50 CNC job... lol