Hoverfly How do you setup your FailSafe

Stacky

Mine is done via my radio. I dont have the GPS board so this is just for the HFP.
I have a Futaba. I set the Futaba so that the Hexa goes in to Auto level and the throttle goes to 40%. This means my Hexa comes down at a controlled speed and level. I have had it happen once when I flew out of my radio range while flying FPV. Only damage was a partially broken landing leg.

Bluerex

Disclaimer: I am a novice builder/pilot with a morbid fear of my flying-chainsaw hurting people. Not being able to stop the motors in an emergency scares me more than damaging the copter in a forced landing...

I don't fly extreme distances or FPV out of line of sight, so I have my failsafe (i.e. transmitter fail, craft thrashing around on the ground, heading uncontrolled for a crowd of people etc) set as a "Kill Switch". Throttle to zero, AH off (and if I could - disarm the motors). I run a Hitech Aurora 9 TX - real easy to setup a failsafe on the receiver (just press the button, set the TX controls to where you want them and wait a few seconds).

Charles.

Last edited by a moderator:

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
My philosophy is that the most likely issue is flying too far away from my TX and loosing the radio link. Another possible issue is interference from outside radio signals, EMI or other radio issue creating a lockout. These are (in my mind) the most likely failsafe issues. For these reasons my failsafe is set to hover, AH and RTH set to on.

PaNt

I put ELEv AIlr Rudder to the center and Throttle to 35% and AL ON something like Stacky...!

Have you ever had such problems without going tooo far??