How do I set up ESC's please

drharry

Hi all. I have a Sigma SS6 hexacopter with AKE motors and AKE ESCs, and a NAZA V2 controller. I realised (sadly) after my first flight and crash that I had ommitted to set up the ESCs. I have the instructions how to do this but what I don't understand is whether I do it once for all the ESCs, or do all 6 have to be setup individually. If individually, do I disconnect all but one from the NAZA and repeat the process? In other words, I have no idea how to do this bit.

The manual for my ESC is here http://www.cnchelicopter.com/07042012/06162013AKEESCmanual2013.pdf

If someone would be kind enough to help advise what settings are best for a multicopter I'd be very grateful!

Thanks

Harry (Newb!)

Tomstoy2

Do them individually. Make sure all the red wires are attached to the connector, ( you only want 1, #1 motor hooked up to the Naza ). Do each motor individually thru your receiver. Battery should equal nicd, no brake, motor timing start at medium, ( you may need to change this to high ). All else is default settings. Leave the Naza powered off.

drharry

Thanks for that.

Battery should equal Nicd? Even though I will obviously be using LiPO?

Do I want a hard start or soft start for a multicopter?

You plug them into the throttle channel of the receiver I assume?

Cheers, Harry

Tomstoy2

Batt = nicd, lower cutoff point, gives you a little safety margin. Normal start for multi. Yes, plug into the th channel.

drharry

Very much appreciated, that should get me started.

It was a very nasty first flight not having done this step! Straight up...and straight down. Should have seen the look my wife gave me :black_eyed:

drharry

Actually, while I am asking, do I need to set up any particular throttle curve in my transmitter? If so, what shape is best?