Hoverfly HoverFly Pro RCTimer ESC ARM issue.

jbdww

I am doing a Y6 configuration, and I am having two ESC's that do not arm. I have the RCTimer SimonK ESCs. If I plug those two ESC's into a regular receiver, then they will arm and work. So I tricked the ESC's by arming them with the regulare receiver, and then moved them over to an armed hoverfly board, and the motor started to turn, but the throttle stick is all the way down. It is like the ESC is expecting a lower throttle value to arm. Is there a way to fix this?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I am doing a Y6 configuration, and I am having two ESC's that do not arm. I have the RCTimer SimonK ESCs. If I plug those two ESC's into a regular receiver, then they will arm and work. So I tricked the ESC's by arming them with the regulare receiver, and then moved them over to an armed hoverfly board, and the motor started to turn, but the throttle stick is all the way down. It is like the ESC is expecting a lower throttle value to arm. Is there a way to fix this?

there's a step described at the HF site about calibrating the throttle channel.

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/entries/21447258-throttle-range-setup-for-hoverflypro

if that doesn't do it you can try to make sense of this

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/entries/21607447-esc-compatibility-issues

if that doesn't work you can just use Turnigy Plush ESC's which definitely work very well with the HF PRO board.

jbdww

I think my throttle from my receiver to the HF board if fine as the other four motor come on when you give the throttle command. It looks like I need to calibrate the throttle range on my ESC. I am not sure how to do this. They are Hobby King Plush ESC with the RCTimer SimonK firmeware on them.

Stacky

I have the Plush esc's but not with the simonk firmware. It should still do the throttle range the same way.

Step 1: remove the props
step 2: connect your esc to the throttle of your radio rx.
step 3: Put the throttle of your radio to full throttle.
step 4: Turn the radio on
step 5: connect a battery to the esc
step 6: you will hear 2 beeps, when you hear those put the throttle to minimum throttle
step 7: you will then hear a long beep. Your esc throttle has been calibrated. Disconnect and do the rest of the esc's

jbdww

Thank you so much Stacky. This works. Now I have to do all of my motors as they each turn on at different times.

dzwiss

The latest firmware of HFP allows all the ESCs throttle range to be set simultaneously.

First, do this:

https://hoverflytech.zendesk.com/en...-setup-your-throttle-range-on-the-hoverflypro

Then do this:

Step 1: Remove the props
step 2: Put the throttle of your radio to full throttle.
step 3: Turn the radio on
step 4: Power the multirotor
step 5: you will hear 2 beeps from all ESCs, when you hear those beeps, put the throttle to minimum throttle
step 6: you will then hear a long beep from all the ESCs. All your ESCs throttle has been calibrated simultaneously.

jbdww

dzwiss, that is a great new feature in the firmeware. I did this and in no time everyone of my ESCs where calibrated.
Thank You guys.