Hoverfly Hoverfly pro green board

Cc3dpilot

I just bought a used hf pro board
And I am having some issues with
Update and fw client
I am unable to set frame type in fw client and I am also unable to open the older setup client from the hf website
Anybody have any ideas
Thanks again

Make sure you flash 4.8 to the board. Then make sure to download the latest software client. You don;t update the frame type during the firmware upgrade process anymore. You do that in the setup software under the Pro Info tab.

Cc3dpilot

Thanks I just figured it out
I also didn't realize that you had to reconnect on each tab
That's why I thought I had something wrong
There is some misleading info in the manual along with hf website
And Jesus , this board is HUGE!
Lol I guess I am use to the cc3d, revo and naze32's small 36mm footprint .
Also I have a set of esc32 that I was wanting to use but I needed to know what the flight controller uses for pwm_min_period
And pwm_min_value
If I can't figure this out I am gonna have to order a set of f30 esc's
All I use now Is 32 bit stuff

Aerovideo

I'm not sure on the ESCs, I always just used Turnigy Plush or RCTimer/SimonK escs with the Hoverfly Pro.

Glad you figured out the setup client!

Cc3dpilot

Holy cow this board is unbelievable . Man its so darn smooth and stable . 8" from the ground and zero oscillations
I installed it on a f450 just to try it out and I can say that this crappy frame has never flown so good lol
Thanks for the help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
now that you've got it flying you can plan on spending countless time pondering how such a great flying board could be left to drift off into time and space without further development.

fwiw, i've been given the blessing to try a GPS mod that might improve GPS performance so we'll see how that goes. the parts are on my desk but I'm 6500 miles from home :(

Cc3dpilot

Wow 6500 miles is really far!
So a gps mod? That sounds interesting
It's just by chance that I came across this flight controller
I'm glad that I did
I had emailed Ben at the Zendesk and I received emails very quickly in return
I also read through a lot of post here and on rcg and I just can't wrap my head around there business model

Cc3dpilot

Ok took this board out for a quick fly today just some hovering and a few lazy 8's
Man after I trimmed It out
I was able to get it to hover in a 8 ft radius hands off for at least 7 mins . I really need to understand the tuning of this board . I am so use to tweaking pids I am dumbfounded with the simplicity
I would really like to know more about this gps mod and if it works . I know you guys have had some bad dealings with hf
But man this thing just amazes me at how natural it feels

workshop

now that you've got it flying you can plan on spending countless time pondering how such a great flying board could be left to drift off into time and space without further development.

LOL :)

I have been away since selling the last of my HF products and decided to check back here for announcements on a ground station. The HF software is like magic indeed. It takes a while to PID up another copter to get close and one needs a fast processor to do it.

I was not able to get the GPS functions to work across several platforms using several techniques and workarounds. I understand that others here are satisfied but results are not repeatable.

I laughed when I read your post because I started with HoverFly in 2010 and I just bought a CC3D (not to replace the functions of the HFP of course, just coincidentally). :)

Av8Chuck

It is so strange how HF dropped out of sight. Does anyone know what happened? Did they go out of business? Have a major brain drain? Decided to get out of the hobby?

Really too bad.

Aerovideo

Ok took this board out for a quick fly today just some hovering and a few lazy 8's
Man after I trimmed It out
I was able to get it to hover in a 8 ft radius hands off for at least 7 mins . I really need to understand the tuning of this board . I am so use to tweaking pids I am dumbfounded with the simplicity
I would really like to know more about this gps mod and if it works . I know you guys have had some bad dealings with hf
But man this thing just amazes me at how natural it feels

Great to hear it's flying well for you... making me a little teary-eyed that I sold it :)

Cc3dpilot

There not out of business because I have been in contact with Ben a few times asking questions about what the fc looks for and gives to the esc to arm . I use esc32 so I need to know these settings son that I could get them working
I didn't buy this board to replace my cc3d or revo I just love trying out flight controllers and I have always had my eye on hoverfly .I am part of the op flight test team and My cc3d is still my goto controller for proximity flying and fast acrobatic fpv
Not to mention the devs at openpilot just release 14.01
The first release of 2014
It includes a bank angle boost flight mode called cruise control
And the multi Wii horizon mode called ratitude they also re implemented altitude hold for The revo and now have multiple pid banks so that you can have 3 different pid settings for different style of flying .
I know openpilot had had there name in some s%#t lately and with the fork of tau labs things looked bleak but stuff is looking up and I am at still happy to keep my name lol
I lucked out last night and bought a autoquad6 for real cheap I am looking forward to testing it as well
Now about the hf pro
Is there a trick to tuning this thing . Not that it doesn't fly good its just quite the opposite
But there is no way that I got it tuned perfect just by chance with zero tuning done

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
you should have channel five plugged in for mode control. it is used to switch from manual mode to auto-level and should have been set to +/- 25 when you started. when you're flying, open the radio menus and change the values for the channel's end point to tune it. if you slam the right stick in any direction and you hear a motor surge then you've tuned it up too much, roll it back a little at a time to get rid of the motor surging and you should be good.

they're not out of business, just focusing their resources on other projects at the moment.

Efliernz

Pete
My 2 x HFP are still my easiest, least-stress great flying boards. I agree with Bartman... how can such a great board just be left to float away...

Cc3dpilot

Yep I set it up with +25/-25 on ch5 gear and +25/-25 on ch6 aux I am using a hitec aurora
It turned out the the gains are sitting at 30 on both sides man/ att and altitude hold as well
I did notice that if I slam that throttle stick it oscillates real bad . I noticed this as well on my naza v2 before it flew back to china.