hoo boy....1.9 million civil penalty! that's a lot of photos!

scotth

I remember Hoover's experience well. Years of bureaucratic B.S. because of a what appeared to be a clash with a local level FAA airshow inspector. A low level G.S. employee power play that should have never happened let alone go as far as it it.
And F. Lee was Hoover's attorney.

maxwelltub

A company like Freeskies is not breaking any laws. They are not showing best practices but they are just a software company right? They are not responsible for the end use.

scotth

I remember Hoover's experience well. Years of bureaucratic B.S. because of a what appeared to be a clash with a local level FAA airshow inspector. A low level G.S. employee power play that should have never happened let alone go as far as it it.
'Skypan president Mark Segal told NPR member station WBEZ that the proposed fine was ridiculous and unfair, and that the company plans to sit down with the FAA to discuss it.'

Pretty funny. This is a slam dunk.

Is this the same Bob Hoover that used to fly an Aero Commander at airshows? The guy would take this twin engine bird to 3000 feet or so, cut the engines, fully feather the props then dive the craft down to the deck buzzing both the airstrip and crowd. All you could hear was the sound of air rushing over the airframe. It was absolutely a thrill to see. Same guy?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Is this the same Bob Hoover that used to fly an Aero Commander at airshows? The guy would take this twin engine bird to 3000 feet or so, cut the engines, fully feather the props then dive the craft down to the deck buzzing both the airstrip and crowd. All you could hear was the sound of air rushing over the airframe. It was absolutely a thrill to see. Same guy?
yes, same guy. he had some kind of a run in with a low level local FAA inspector and the guy pulled Bob Hoover's certificates after an airshow saying Bob looked tentative and less polished than usual. it took Bob Hoover years to get it straightened out and the whole time he didn't have his certificates.....or something like that, google it, it's all out there

Old Man

IRRC, Hoover missed his intended stop point on the airport after his dead stick routine and the FAA puke used that as the foundation of his charges.

IRRC, Hoover missed his intended stop point on the airport after his dead stick routine and the FAA puke used that as the foundation of his charges.
When did this happen? I mean, how old was Bob when this took place and how old is he now?? My god, he appeared to be in his late 40's when I used to watch his act back in the 80's. So he's still alive then? Wow!

Old Man

He was in his late 60's or early 70's when the crap storm initiated. His flying proficiency was never really the issue. It was a power play by a federal employee that was supported by his superiors rather than admit the employee's error. Hoover continued to fly in other countries during the dispute. The general outcome of the dispute was and still is a black eye for the FAA.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Just an obvious... make sure it is part of your commercial flight gear.....
FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!
Coffee can with SAND and METAL thongs!!!
Just about EVERY AMA flight field I have been on have both!

Old Man

NTSB-Boeing experiments found that water also works for lipo fires. You just need a lot of it.