Hoffman Island Mission Accomplished

jbrumberg

Not yet anyways ;). I have battled over there at RCG till my fingers cramped on far too many occasions to want to remember about responsible owner operation of their RC aircraft.

Enough posted here. I want to keep my BP managed.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i read the description, what's your point? there wasn't much there

@fltundra you're right but the FAA would need to enforce a National Park restriction which so far they haven't appeared likely to do. They seem intent on airspace violations and reckless/dangerous operation violations

Bartman

And what kind of moderator are you by posting carp like this for everyone to see. Did it make you feel good to try and trash my channel? Hater

there are people out there that operate "drones" in a responsible way, i've tried to find in your videos where you're being responsible but it's been pointed out to you that there are safety and legality concerns with where you are operating and how you are operating but you seem to want to call us trolls.

fwiw, i fly for a living, i fly for fun, i also fly RC since I was about 15 yrs old. what RC experience do you have prior to the purchase of your Phantom? have any experience at all? ever fly around NYC at 500 ft in a small plane worrying about a drone coming through your windshield? do you have any understanding of the airspace over the locations you've chosen to fly your new Phantom?

jbrumberg

It was sadly interesting to read how the participants over at RCG were more focused on the P3, quality of video, and mods with no mention of responsible operation. There are significant differences among memberships in the different RC sites that I frequent. This site is one of the most professional, helpful, and mature.

Personally I am happy that there was not much there on his thread.

Bartman

There ya go Hater "Troll" that's what you wanted right attention?

maybe you should spend some time at the site and get a handle on the mood here, it's a pretty mellow bunch. maybe you should take that as an indication that what you're doing isn't being well received because of very legitimate concerns about how and where you're choosing to operate.

maybe you'll ask a few questions about the airspace around NYC and we'll be able to help you understand it better. or maybe you just want a lot of pats on your back like you can get at RCG where they might not know much more than you do at this point. if that's the case it won't hurt our feelings if you spend more of your time at RCG.

your choice.

SamaraMedia

Personally I am happy that there was not much there on his thread.

When a new member joins I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and check what they are offering, if it's worth I'll post something, if not I will usually dismiss it. In this case I sent a PM to voice my concern from his posting, he kind of pooh poohed it and I kind of told him to be aware of his surroundings and fly safe. Apparently he wasn't interested in taking my advice, so be it.

I too was glad to see very limited response as well.

jbrumberg

Do my actions on two different sites make me a troll? :eek::confused:

I have a long post record supporting responsible and safe ownership and operation on many different threads. :cool:

ProfEngr

Is it just me or, with the latest regs handed down, does that quote contradict itself. I thought drones were now considered to be "remote-controlled model aircraft." Eh, whatever some pencil-neck, pencil-pushing, govt lackey decides is the opinion of the hour I guess.

SamaraMedia

Yeah,I confused by that statement, thought we were all lumped in together. Does that mean if you have no camera on your RC you can fly there?

Bartman

Is it just me or, with the latest regs handed down, does that quote contradict itself. I thought drones were now considered to be "remote-controlled model aircraft." Eh, whatever some pencil-neck, pencil-pushing, govt lackey decides is the opinion of the hour I guess.
it probably allows for the few RC clubs technically within the 5 boroughs of New York City while prohibiting free-ranging drone ops.