#@&%!!%@ Hobby King!

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Finally got my box from HK today. Waited a month for the delivery. To be fair, Spanish customs held on to my package for nearly 20 days, then extorted an additional 85€ from me on top of the $295 plus $59 shipping paid to HK. Open the box just like the kid in A Christmas Story (his red ranger BB gun or something like that), pull my Taranis X9D out of it's box to find....no charger.

Went to my trusty Imax B6 to see if I had a connector to connect to the 2000 mA Ni-MH battery and no dice. Connecting it to the balance port of the Imax doesn't work (didn't think it would). VERY frustrating!!:upset:

Any ideas how to charge this? Thanks.

SDB777

For the extra $112 customs got from you, maybe they can charge it? That's beyond crazy on the extortion!

What has HK said about the lack of a charger in the packaging?

Scott (guberment gonna screw ya everytime) B

FlyGirl

Finally got my box from HK today. Waited a month for the delivery. To be fair, Spanish customs held on to my package for nearly 20 days, then extorted an additional 85€ from me on top of the $295 plus $59 shipping paid to HK. Open the box just like the kid in A Christmas Story (his red ranger BB gun or something like that), pull my Taranis X9D out of it's box to find....no charger.

Went to my trusty Imax B6 to see if I had a connector to connect to the 2000 mA Ni-MH battery and no dice. Connecting it to the balance port of the Imax doesn't work (didn't think it would). VERY frustrating!!:upset:

Any ideas how to charge this? Thanks.

You could always use a 2s LiPo instead.....

Gary Seven

Rocketman
For the extra $112 customs got from you, maybe they can charge it? That's beyond crazy on the extortion!

What has HK said about the lack of a charger in the packaging?

Scott (guberment gonna screw ya everytime) B

Welcome to the EU. The EU has a lot of good points, and some bad. The worst (IMHO) is the friggen VAT's. For me here in Spain, I get the added pleasure of ponying up 21% VAT on top of my purchase, plus customs fees and commissions. It's totally f**ked this nonsense with taxes, but what ya gonna do?

Yes,I contacted HK.

FlyGirl

Sorry... Don't shoot me (hands up). Just figured everyone had about a million batteries lying around like I do.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Sorry... Don't shoot me (hands up). Just figured everyone had about a million batteries lying around like I do.

The problem with posting (as it was in the days of UseNet), is that there is no way to include tonal inflections of the voice. That is, it's nearly impossible to convey sarcasm or "fake" anger. No problem, FlyGirl. I just didn't think ahead when I ordered my stuff. If I want to order again, I'm back to waiting 15-30 days (as I can't really find the LiFePO4 I want here in Spain). It's just a drag, man. :black_eyed:

Oh yeah, as I just got started in RC a few months back I don't have tons of batteries lying around. :-(

zyzykrash

I feel for ya too, but don't order them from hobbie king or they can take the life time of most batteries just to get them. I've been waiting 74 days and can't even get tracking info as I am being told to be patient. At this point, if they were standing in front of me telling me to be patient, I might have to wet his shoes.

Ronan

Welcome to the EU. The EU has a lot of good points, and some bad. The worst (IMHO) is the friggen VAT's. For me here in Spain, I get the added pleasure of ponying up 21% VAT on top of my purchase, plus customs fees and commissions. It's totally f**ked this nonsense with taxes, but what ya gonna do?

Yes,I contacted HK.

I have lived in different countries in Europe and never paid import charges. I only know of UK that is nuts about it and apparently Germany (lived there, never got charged). Never lived in Spain but my Spanish friends never complained to me about import charges... does your packages always go through the same custom checkpoint?

Try living in Canada... where it goes up to 300% import charges... yupp they can write down any bs they want = import charges.

Since i moved back to the US... i don't pay any import charges and my taxes are 6%... lol

Gary Seven

Rocketman
I have lived in different countries in Europe and never paid import charges. I only know of UK that is nuts about it and apparently Germany (lived there, never got charged). Never lived in Spain but my Spanish friends never complained to me about import charges... does your packages always go through the same custom checkpoint?

Try living in Canada... where it goes up to 300% import charges... yupp they can write down any bs they want = import charges.

Since i moved back to the US... i don't pay any import charges and my taxes are 6%... lol
[MENTION=14589]Ronan[/MENTION]; I've been living here for 18 years. I married a Catalan and she didn't want to live in the USA for fear of violence and guns. So I chose to stay here. Taxes and "impuestos" (fees) are amazing here, and not in a good way. The motherf**kers in Aduanas (Customs) even have the b*lls to charge me fees on the shipping charges...not just my merchandise. Sorry for the bad language and hostility, it just gets my gall every time I think about it. Every time I hear my American compatriots complain about their taxes I LOL...literally. But I digress and I don't want to get political here at Multiforums.

I don't know how you've never pain import charges if you've lived in various EU countries. Things have really gotten bad the last 10 years or so. They've passed new, restrictive laws that even tax Christmas presents sent to me from family in the States. It's mind numbing, I tell you.

zyzykrash

I had the wonderful experience of living in the Turks and Caicos Islands at a private island estate called Emerald Cay as the Director of constuction and property management for all the properties of the billionaire owner. There were no taxes until September of 2013. There were, however, 30 percent duties plus shipping added to all imported items. This included everything, because virtually everything except conch and a few other fishes, is imported. In September last year, a 15 percent VAT (VALUE ADDED TAX) was implemented. Now, what ever you pay for anything in Miami, add 45 percent plus shipping to buy it in Turks And Caicos. I had to pay just over $46.000.00 for duties and VAT for a new projector for the theater. We may think we have it bad here, but Obamanomics have barley kicked in. We WILL wish for the good old days, like now, very soon I'm afraid.

Ronan

@Ronan; I've been living here for 18 years. I married a Catalan and she didn't want to live in the USA for fear of violence and guns. So I chose to stay here. Taxes and "impuestos" (fees) are amazing here, and not in a good way. The motherf**kers in Aduanas (Customs) even have the b*lls to charge me fees on the shipping charges...not just my merchandise. Sorry for the bad language and hostility, it just gets my gall every time I think about it. Every time I hear my American compatriots complain about their taxes I LOL...literally. But I digress and I don't want to get political here at Multiforums.

I don't know how you've never pain import charges if you've lived in various EU countries. Things have really gotten bad the last 10 years or so. They've passed new, restrictive laws that even tax Christmas presents sent to me from family in the States. It's mind numbing, I tell you.

I lived in France, Germany, Switzerland and a bit in the UK (lots of taxes there!), guess it got crappy in the past few years.

Str8 Up

Hobby King is the worst vendor I have ever dealt with in the hobby industry. They have jacked me around for months on three separate occasions when a normal vendor would have quickly corrected the problem. They are horrible.

zyzykrash

The only other country I lived in was Turks and Caicos. Maybe someone else said they didn't have to pay duties, but I sure did. I have been around a bit. Turks just went from 30 % to 45 %.
Much of EU pays 50% even on income.

Ronan

The only other country I lived in was Turks and Caicos. Maybe someone else said they didn't have to pay duties, but I sure did. I have been around a bit. Turks just went from 30 % to 45 %.
Much of EU pays 50% even on income.

Looks like i made the right decision to go back to the US (from Canada) and not back to Europe... damn!

I actually placed an order 2 days ago with Hobby King... for something important that i need quickly hmn...

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Damn, feel for you guys, nothing but praise for all my purchases from HK, have had parcels arrive in 2 days Hong Kong to Canberra, ordered Friday late evening and delivered to my front door Monday morning, faster than getting stuff from the Australian warehouse 150 kms away. Here in Australia as long as the declared value is under AUD$1,000 there is no duty payable, RC modelers heaven if you ask me, just brilliant.

Don't speak to loudly if Harvey Norman whispers into Abbott's ears this may change.
By the way I have never ever received anything from HK under 2 weeks unless from the Aust warehouse.
regards - bruce