Ho9w do I Downgrade to 5.16?

How do I downgrade to Wookong 5.16 firmware?

I have software v 2.0 and firmware v 5.22 and have all kinds of problems flying my s800 now.

HELP!!

Rick :worked_till_5am:

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Just run the Assistant Software from that version of firmware. I think that would be 1.34 and run the firmware update. If you haven't uninstalled the older versions you should already have it on your computer. It doesnt get uninstalled when you install new versions. You would have had to uninstalled the old versions your self.

If you no longer have the older versions of the assistant software there is an archive some one madee but I can't seem to find the link right now.

Upgraded from 5.16 to 5.22 this morning and my s800 yawed hard to port untill the nose was stuck pointing into the wind, then suddenly fell out of the sky.

Landed hard but no damage...

And of course support from DJI North America, here in Austin, TX is non existant - they even removed their phone number from the DJI website.

So after installing 1.34 and upgrading firmware to 5.16, does the firmware automatically flash the s800 back to 5.16?

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Lot's of bugs in 5.22 I think, my WKM won't even run it (LED just flashes red and assistant says theres and error but wont say what) for some reason and DJI told me to go back to the previous version. They actually said I shouldnt run 5.22 unless I have the new bluetooth LED module.

If you went through the firmware upgrade screen on the 1.34 Assistant yes your S800 will be flashed to 5.16. Although your downgrading the screen is still called upgrade.

You can verify the firmware version you are running by clicking "About" from the top menu bar and then choosing "Info".

Last edited by a moderator:

dolby

Needs more bacon!
5.16 is stable, I believe it lacks the safety feature where if you are using a hexa config and you loose power to 1 motor it will spin on yaw instead of flip upside down. 5.20 will spin the copter if a motor is lost so you can safely land it HOWEVER some people that have vibration problems will experience a problem where your copter starts loosing altitude quickly to the point you may not even recover at 100% throttle. There is more info about this on the RCGroups S800 thread.

kristiaj

5.16 is stable, I believe it lacks the safety feature where if you are using a hexa config and you loose power to 1 motor it will spin on yaw instead of flip upside down. 5.20 will spin the copter if a motor is lost so you can safely land it HOWEVER some people that have vibration problems will experience a problem where your copter starts loosing altitude quickly to the point you may not even recover at 100% throttle. There is more info about this on the RCGroups S800 thread.

The safety feature for motor failure on hexa came With Version 5.14. So no problem running 5.16 if you prefer that over 5.20. Release notes for all Versions: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/wkm/en/Wookong_M_product_release_notes_en.pdf

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Ah thats right, its 5.18+ where it confirms via LED that its setting the home point. Thanks for posting the release pdf, hard to remember whats changed in each release.

Last edited by a moderator: