HK KK2.0 LCD FC positioning?

LowFlier

I am starting a scratch build MR and I'm still mapping out the design. I will be using a Hobbyking KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board. I know it needs to be upside-right and aimed forward properly, but does this FC need to be at the CG point, or can it be mounted either fore or aft of the CG? I would like to mount it elsewhere if allowable.

Thanks,

Tim

Jackella

i would say on the middle of the cross from the motors,ie a quad in the middle of the X,thats where you really want to get the cofg as well,doesnt have to insanely accurate but nr. enough.
if you designing the craft then that shouldnt be hard.

LowFlier

I would agree, except I want the battery at the actual CG point. As it is the single heaviest part in the assembly by a long shot I want the quad to rotate around it for best responsiveness. So my options are to place the FC below, above, or beside the battery. Since the FC has an LCD I need to be able to see, under really isn't an option. With the FC above the battery, strapping the battery in becomes a problem. I was hoping it could be placed to one side of the battery, or if I yaw the battery 90 degrees, in front of or behind it. The LCD on this KK board is becoming a problem for me. That's a shame because it's dead useful.

Hrm...

Jackella

just my cup of tea:tennis:
post some pics of your proposed design,i made a 400 size one using 10mm ali arms and HK middle plates and the KK2 board,flies great.
My advice for aerobatic is to try and keep it light.

LowFlier

Light is in the plan. I'm using 14mm arms (square aluminum tubing intended for towel bars). I haven't settled on a size yet, but I expect it to be near 450 size. I'm assuming that shorter arms will make for a more agile craft. I'm making the plates myself from aluminum as well. It'll definitely be inexpensive. Hopefully it will fly well too. :)