High Altitude Commercial shoot... +13,000'

Efliernz

Pete
Question time!

We have been asked if we can operate a large machine... most likely the Alta + GH4/movi in mountainous areas of Asia. We suspect probably over 13K'... but it's still in discussion phase.
We know about insulating batteries for cold (woolen socks + bubble-wrap are great) but as to how it would fly/handle???

We have seen a few comments across various forums saying "it flew like a lead sled" to "it was heavy but controllable without issues". We've done 7500' and didn't really notice any difference. Anyone here with heavy-lift experience at the thin-air end of the world???

many thanks - Pete :)

violetwolf

I wonder if taking spare props with a higher pitch would be an idea? I don't have any high altitude drone experience though..

hjls3

Pete I often fly at high altitude (live @8k or so, film a bunch of skiing and snowmobiling)- when i build em - general rule of thumb...build for RED, fly GH4 :) - Very doable but definitely different environment to fly in - Im always most aware of how I descend - things can go wrong in a hurry on decent - FFF also much preferred to just hovering around. Everything is exaggerated.

Efliernz

Pete
Thanks very much. I think that we will be flying well under max and we'll teat it like a big ol' bus... with respect!