Hi...

cmmguy

At the moment, I am only a lurker with a strong interest in what you all are doing.

My interests are automation and motion control and aviation(have a private pilot's license). I have a business where i program industrial inspection robots, build and sell accessories for these machines by applying technology from other uses. Strong background in manufacturing and inspection.

So please excuse my questions and naive suggestions ahead of time.

I noticed an huge list of acronyms to describe components and activities being used in the posts.... is there a thread explaining all the acronyms?

Thanks for this very cool forum.

Best regards,
J

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@cmmguy.. welcome to MRF.. if you list the ones you need help with I will gladly translate..

Dave

cmmguy

Welcome to this Forum , This forum specially designed for RC Copter makers 。

Thanks, I hope I can afford to be one of those guys.

@cmmguy.. welcome to MRF.. if you list the ones you need help with I will gladly translate..

Dave

Thanks. Through reading, I have figured out some of them. Which forum would be best to start with the list of the others?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye up cmmguy.. where is Central NC? list the ones you need translating.. like NC ;-)

Dave

cmmguy

You mean branch forum within MRF or Helicopter / quadcopter / Multicopter related forums ?

I find some good RC heli related sites : www.rcgroups.com , www.aeroquad.com , www.helifreak.com also MRF site , Helifreak is a very active forum .

Yes, which of the branch forums. In the forum software, the sub forums are just called forums. The building side of things is what interests me. Flying would be fun too but it is the design and building.

Is this ONLY an advanced builder forum?

helimac

Yes, which of the branch forums. In the forum software, the sub forums are just called forums. The building side of things is what interests me. Flying would be fun too but it is the design and building.

Is this ONLY an advanced builder forum?

For builders and Accessories / Parts makers .

helimac

Yes, central North Carolina. Just west of Winston Salem.

NC is an Independent State right ? South is CA , North is NC ?? Since i have Customer of Carbon Fiber Sheet there , I found this ! , AND I found some US unknown people still say NC is California ( CA ) 's north region ..., Ridiculous:highly_amused:

cmmguy

NC is an Independent State right ? South is CA , North is NC ?? Since i have Customer of Carbon Fiber Sheet there , I found this ! , AND I found some US unknown people still say NC is California ( CA ) 's north region ..., Ridiculous:highly_amused:

lol! Yes, independent states
NC=North Carolina (on the atlantic)
SC=South Carolina (on the atlantic)
CA= California.(on the pacific)

The people who call the central part of California, Northern California crack me up.

helimac

Yeah !

I think some branch forums like Mikrocopter , Openpilot these still too lack of traffic and views , posts . You can post your list on general discussion , More people can see it , More people can discuss it