Hi from South West UK

Barrold

To give you an idea of my age my eldest son is 48. I've flown fixed wing RC since the days of bang bang escapements.
Christmas 2013 I got my family to club together to buy me the parts for a multirotor using a KK2 controller. I've enjoyed many flights over the months and landed in trees several times.
On the first occasion it was 80 feet up in an English Oak. I have friend, Alan Power, who is head gardener of National Trust's Stourhead Estate, next to where I live. Alan is an experienced tree climber and I asked him if he could get it down. Which he duly did, using a catapult to send a line to the top of the tree through which he pulled up a stouter line etc etc. It was quite fascinating to watch him working. He duly brought it safely down.
Unfortunately 3 days later I managed to land in the same tree again. I didn't have the courage to ask for Alan's help this time. I did manage to emulate Alan's catapult and get a line onto the quad and very fortunately bring it gently down.
I'm now trying to swap to a Multiwii Pro controller. I'm not expecting it to avoid the trees.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Welcome to the forum and I hope you have as much fun with MRs as you have had with your other craft

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Welcome to the forum mate. I'm not far from you up in Gloucestershire.

Lots of help and support here on the forum so feel free to ask any question (about MRs of course).

Barrold

Thanks for your message. Looking at your Website you're a very serious user of MRs. Don't suppose you have any experience configuring the Multiwii Pro controller?

Benjamin Kenobi

None I'm afraid. Purely DJI flight controllers for me (boring I know).

Still feel free to ask Multiwii questions. With a few of us googling we can work it out!

Barrold

Fascinated by the work you've done. If you are ever down near Stourhead (BA12 6QE) may I have a look? I'm John by the way.
I'll post a question in the appropriate place re Multiwii.

Benjamin Kenobi

Hi John! Thanks for the compliment. I just happened to enter the market when things took off.

What a fantastic place you live at! I must come down for a fly sometime.

Barrold

We are privileged to live here. It's possible we could have a mutual interest re film. I'll get in touch through your Website.