Hi from Perth Western Australia

rcpilot23

Hi everyone

My name is Mike

Im from Perth Western Australia.

Been flying helis for over 20 years and been flying multirotors for the last 3 months.

I started with a LotusRC T380 basic cheapy which did the job as I mainly used it for FPV flying.

I now have a Gaui 500X GU-INS and that it is so much better.

I bought the Gaui 500X locally here in Perth from Globalrchobby and it was built and test flown before hand over.

I have been very happy with it.

Cheers :nevreness:

G'day Mike. I'm Nick from North Perth.

Gave up on RC as a poor child, but now that there are multirotors and accelerometers and microcontrollers that are all relatively cheap, I've gotten into it.

Still pretty green, only been a couple of years. Flying DJI stuff at the moment, started out with Arducopter, always leaning toward the UAV capabilities but accidentally learning a bit about flying in the process.

Here's a vid I shot of Greens Pool. I am yet to break into the world of FPV as yet. Do you know anyone else around here that flies multirotors? Would be great to gather the Perth faithful one fine spring day...

https://vimeo.com/47418098

Last edited by a moderator:

seetto

Hi, I see this thread is old but I have a naza lite I am trying to setup but having difficulties. Im SOR and wondering if some can help me? Thanks

bradh79

I'm in joondalup and am building a turnigy hal with hkpoilot mega 2.5 with afro speed controllers but I'm still waiting on parts so far my quad experience is a lady bug micro quad

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

seetto

I'm in joondalup and am building a turnigy hal with hkpoilot mega 2.5 with afro speed controllers but I'm still waiting on parts so far my quad experience is a lady bug micro quad

Hi Brad would you be keen to try help me out with my Naza setup on my F330? If so let me know best way to contact you.

bradh79

I've never seen one much less set one up what problems you having buddy

seetto

I have got it plugged into my receiver (Futaba T6J), and when i plug the power in all motors arm and everything gets power but the unti where you plug the USB into for NAZA keeps flashing yellow really fast and I am unable to install the driver or get my PC to install the driver for the unti. Now I have tried another PC and installed the driver correctly (I work in IT). Has anyone else heard of this. I believe it might have something to do with failsafe mode but not sure.

Any help from anyone would be great as I would really like to try my F330 with the naza unit.

bradh79

Are you meant to power the nazza when plugging it into usb or does it take power from the usb cord itself like I said I've never used one so don't know

seetto

So i tried it with just the USB and nothing, you need power to the device. It just flashes yellow i am not sure what is wrong.

Zbeast

HI mate Iam In Huntingdale, if you want I can plug it into my lab top and see if it will read at all. I have a f550 with the nazi and had no problem setting it up

Alby

Hi. Realise this is a bit of an old thread but wondering where you guys fly around in Perth? Been flying LOS with my Disco and Naza. Have all my FPV gear up and running and ready to have a crack. Cheers.