Hi from Holland

SFC76

Hello fellow rotor junkies ;),

Please allow me to introduce myself;

I'm a 38 year old guy from the Netherlands and a newbie when it comes to multirotors. I've always been into R/C from when I was able to hold a transmitter.
Back in the eighties everything was bulky and above all, expensive. So as a kid I had to make due with Nikko toys :(.
I started making money when I was drafted for military service, so finally I could afford a decent transmitter and bought a 40 MHz robbe Futaba F-14 :cool:.
I started out with a 1/8 Lancia Delta Integrale from Mantua Model, 2-WD at first which I later expanded to 4-WD, which had a 3,5cc O.S. 21 RF-B engine and was bloody fast.
Being confined to reasonable flat surfaces, I soon sold the Delta and went for off-road vehicles. When battery technology became better I went electric and tried everything from cars to boats to tanks, the latter having my main interest.
Then the miniturization took flight, and so did I. But I soon discovered that planes were not my thing, helicopters were nice but oh so expensive :rolleyes:.
So after a while my robbe Futaba FX-18 started gathering dust, and aside from some novelty toys (including multirotors) tanks always captured my fascination and never grew boring.
The crisis flipped my life upside down, so from the end of 2008 most of my R/C stuff was confined to storage until recently.

When I bought my six year old son a JXD 393 for X-mas last year, this old dad came to realize that R/C never left his blood and digging through my garage commenced :D. Finding my FX-18, props, and some other stuff I felt like unearthing an egyptian temple, leading to googling everything multirotor I could find. This in turn lead to buying parts for my first true quadcopter:

- SK S500 frame (CF rod/non PCB)
- 4x E-Max XA2212 980KV motors
- E-Max 4-in-1 25A ESC
- 4x 1047 APC propellers (CW/CCW)
- Crius AIO Pro v2.0
- 35 MHz Corona RP8D1 Synthesized 8ch receiver
- Zippy Compact 4000 mAh 25C 3S LiPo

Currently trying a basic build, and running into many questions making me overload the search engine on this fabulous forum.

Happy flying all,

SFC

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
welcome to multirotorforums.com SFC! which flight control are you planning to use?

SFC76

Thank you Bartman.

I have the Crius AIO Pro v2, running on MegaPirateNG. 2.8 R3 for now, but will try 3.0.1 R4 soon.