Hi from Danbury, CT!

sam handwich

Howdy folks. I am new, new, new to this stuff. I've noticed multirotors here and there over the past few years and have been intrigued. Then, I started seeing some footage people were shooting with them and I'm quickly becoming obsessed. I really want to learn how to do this - particularly so I can do videography of whitewater kayaking (my true passion). I think there's some potential for very cool stuff.

I've started reading and researching and it's pretty overwhelming. I've tried to ask about multirotors in a few r/c shops in my vicinity and have mostly gotten blank stares of confusion and mild repulsion. Does anyone have some beginner resources to suggest, either online or (even better) within a 3ish hour drive of NYC? I tend to catch on to things much better in person, and even better with live instruction/discussion of some kind.

Thanks!

Tomstoy2

I would suggest going on-line with the American Modelers association and research a club in your area. Give them a call and see if they have any members that fly multi-rotors.

If you do get one, I would suggest starting small.
Line of sight flying these things is a blast! However fpv is a skill set. Baby steps here would be my recommendation.

You don't nor shouldn't take my word as gospel, I'm learning this stuff myself!

One thing I learned from my most recient crash Sunday was that it is too easy to become distracted by the view, before you know it you're a lot farther out than you ever intended.