Hi from Adelaide South Australia

Hi my name is Bruce and live in the eastern suburbs

Never flown anything remote control before. Watched a program on the ABC regarding Drones.
Seemed like fun and with modern electronics reasonably easy to fly, so I thought I would get involved.

Bought DJI F550 in kit form (ARF Flame) stock motors, ESC's.
DJI NAZA-M with GTS and using stock 8" props.
Futaba T10CHG radio with R6208SB receiver connected to NAZA with s-bus/d-bus.
Zippy flightmax 5 amp 4S 25C battery

Turns out its not as easy as it looked and crashed into trees at high level on maiden flight.

I found setting up the radio to be the most difficult, thought all was ok, (all modes wokring, blue highlighted in the assistant when switching modes etc.)
but even though I was flying in GPS mode (green light flashing) the wind caught the hex and blew it into the trees (my reaction was slow and confused)
GPS mode was not holding the craft in position.

Many things now to sort out

Regards to all - this is probably the wrong place to tell you of my first experience, I have been spending many a late night in the last fortnight reading this forum,
it's full of very interesting and informative subject matter.

kym brice

I am stunned you have gone in so hard so soon. I am all envy that you somehow have access to enough disposable dough to purchase such an outfit on a whim. Anyway I could romp around on this like some super trolling sour snatch but i will just have to settle down already and make a sny scoff to myself quietly. .....

Imo. Do yourself a huge treat and lash out $20 on a rtf micro quad. Best fun ever while repeatedly crashing towards a hard earnt skill, all the while chasing off raw fundamental errors of multibuzzer trimming.

That's all I can afford on welfare down in the slums of the southern suburbs but I'm hooked on my lil copter. its amazing how good i know I am with that incredible little piece of sophisticated techno tricked marvel proudly wizzing about. yep I rate my ultra uber nano falic copter Its the best $20 I have ever spoilt on myself rotten.