Hi all and good to be here!

Hi!

Hakan from Sweden here.

I am a vivid hobby photographer that started to get an interest in aerial video and drones a while back.

I owned 3 different miniquads before purchasing a Q500+ and after that a P3A, both just got sold btw. This autumn i got an increased interest in the aerial part and not the video so i just finished my first build, a HobbyKing X666 using a KK2 board and RCTimer 5010 motors with 17x5.5 props. I flew it for 20 minutes and then I stripped it to pieces.

Now i have decided to go into the big leagues and the next project is either a X8 or an octo with overlapping props and a pixhawk clone. I havent decided yet. The purpose of this copter isnt photo/video at all but endurance and gas electric hybrid drive in conjunction with an FPV solution of some sort.

Everything but the FPV and hybrid drive is already purchased so the build will start within a week or two. The plan is that i go airborne in the end of April if the gas electric hybrid drive is launched on market as scheduled.

The reason i pop in here is that I found some interesting threads about overlapping props and in order to download the attached files i had to be a member. I am a "forum person" so most likely I will just lurk around and read stuff but i thought it was good manors to introduce my self before the lurking begins.

Last edited by a moderator:

FLJim

Hi Hakan and welcome to the forums! Hope your lurking is rewarding and helpful. Do you have a link to the hybrid drive you are looking at? Sounds interesting...

cootertwo

A very interesting idea, and one I've been thinking about. You know, the motors we use, can produce electricity when driven by an outside source. Say for instance, a fifth motor on a quad, mounted on the bottom, with a large prop, that would be driven by the wind from the other 4 motors, somehow connected to the battery pack through a regulator of sorts ???? I know it would just be a tiny trickle charge, but anything would help flight times right? Just thinking out loud, so to speak......