Hoverfly HF vs Xaircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

workshop

From a sociology of business viewpoint, it is very interesting to watch how the users evolve when a company decides not to have a presence in its own online community support forum.

Stacky

From a sociology of business viewpoint, it is very interesting to watch how the users evolve when a company decides not to have a presence in its own online community support forum.

George communicated with us continually. I had him personally address a couple of small problems I had, he made a couple of videos showing the solution. I know he did the same for others. Its no coincidence that since George left the interaction has died.

I watched a couple of years ago XAircraft going through major problems with their previous FC and through it all one guy, Jeff (Zirt), did his very best to help people. Jeff is still around and now he has a FC that appears so far to be worthy of his level of assistance. As users i know are reporting nice results with the new XA FC and I see Jeff and the guys in Aussie providing a presence I am looking to buy the new XA FC.

Part of it all comes from needing to feel like there is a future going forward. XA look like they have a direction that we can see going forward. HF might be heading in another direction thats going to be profitable for them, i hope so, I always like to see people succeed but its a shame we have no insight in to what that is considering how much the users were involved in their beginnings. I think the word respect comes to mind.

shyfx003

Sorry for jumping in so late here guys..I'm planning a new build hex for the new year.With dji bringing out so many new products and not fixing the problems (bit like Xaircraft in the beginning)..I have been looking at other options and i doubt it will be a DJI that makes it to my new build..

If Xaircraft continue to make progress with the super x then I'm sold!!

http://vimeo.com/82037941

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I was having some issues with my 800mm Hex with a gimbal today, weird vibrations, so i hit the quick release and slapped on some $15 plastic landing gear and did the same as that video. I flew the hell out of my Ap rig. HAHA it was fun as hell and the super X handled everything. No tuning needed even though I dropped 5lbs off of the bottom when I removed the gimbal!

Aerovideo

Excellent Paul! I was waiting for your take. Now that you've "blessed" it, I need to order one fast before they sell out :eek:nthego: How did it do, as far as wobble goes, on fast descent? Also how much wobble in a breeze on tight turns?

Here's a video of my FPV maiden flight with my Super X. This is the same setup I've been flying with a Hoverfly Pro. It flew every bit as smooth and I haven't even tried to do any tuning, the default is perfect.

There was some wobble on fast descent but not anymore then when my Hoverfly was on there. Interestingly, the auto land I show at the end was a pretty fast descent and it was smooth. Of course the onboard video was smooth because of the gimbal but as I watched it LOS it was smooth. I don't have any proof though :) So far I've only flown it while it was calm. Wind test flights are the last test. I have to say I am REALLY happy with the SuperX FC!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

Agreed! It's almost like a support group of people discussing how to get over a loss or addiction... hehe :) How best to move on and with whom!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Nother SX owner here, times 2, actually. And the answer is none, and none again, if gains are set correctly.

Hi guys,

There's an XA forum now so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. I think the OP's questions have been addressed sufficiently. :)

Bart

Status
Not open for further replies.