Hoverfly HF PRO + U7 suggestions?

aebiagio

Hi Everyone,
I'm starting building a new beast, an X8 with U7. After 2 years with Hoverfly I don't want to change my FC so I would like to know if someone have already build an x8 with u7 and Hoverfly. I would like to know about ESCs, I'm using Turnigy Plush 80A and work great with my CS8, and I would like to know what kind of batteries you suggest. In my cs8 I use 5s but now I would like to switch to 6s for the new one because I've to carry extra weight..
Thank u very much

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
have you bought the U7's yet? might want to check out what KDE has to offer. what size props are you planning to run? 80A ESC's will be way oversized for most 6S Okto's unless you're turning huge props but then that would be a reeeeeaaaallllllly huge flat Okto!
Bart

aebiagio

I will use 18x6.1 props in a x8 configuration... do you suggest different esc?

have you bought the U7's yet? might want to check out what KDE has to offer. what size props are you planning to run? 80A ESC's will be way oversized for most 6S Okto's unless you're turning huge props but then that would be a reeeeeaaaallllllly huge flat Okto!
Bart

min0nim

Don't tiger recommend a specific esc for the U7 - ie people have been reporting trouble with anything else?

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
They recommend the Tiger 80A ESC only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Yes, Myself along with several others [MENTION=1417]kloner[/MENTION] have tried the U7's on a multitude of ESC's and I can say that you DO NOT want to be running them on ANYTHING but the T-motor 80A Pro ESC's.

Other ESC's may work once or twice, but will eventually have timing issues and You WILl CRASH.

If you have not purchased them, try KDE motors. If you have get the 80A T-Motor Pros.

kloner

Aerial DP
yep..... crazy stuff. i recently bought all kinds of brands and sizes of motors to test out and it's crazy. all a sudden if you don't match and esc with a motor they have crazy problems.... and crashes. tiger motors need tiger esc and KDE motors need KDE esc. and within that the u7 only works on the 80's, but it works fabulous

Last edited by a moderator: