Hoverfly HF Pro and Gimbal, setting acceleration values

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
This video was just pointed out to me and it's a very helpful demonstration of what you're trying to accomplish with the acceleration settings for gimbal control.

Last edited by a moderator:

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
Thanks for sticking this!

This video was just pointed out to me and it's a very helpful demonstration of what you're trying to accomplish with the acceleration settings for gimbal control.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexeiD

Can you post here the default PID settings for nick/roll/yaw? I have messed up there and for some reasons even after gimbal reset it restores back to my changed values.
What's algorithm and best practices of setting PID for HoverFly gimbal anyway?

hdj912

Like AlexeiD said, is it possible to post the default gains? Also what is the routine of setting the PID gains as it is totally unclear what every setting does.

AlexeiD

This thread is dead.
By the way, there is a bug in your software. It cannot completely reset settings to default.

hoverben

Person of Interest
There is a version of the firmware called Reset that will perform a full formatting. It takes a bit longer to load than normal (since it is scanning every bit instead of just overwriting them), but it can be useful if you have made many switches back and forth between different firmware versions. (If you have only ever upgraded, then you should not need to use this.)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
This thread is dead.
By the way, there is a bug in your software. It cannot completely reset settings to default.

this thread was for informational purposes regarding the video in the first post, if you have a problem then you should either submit a ticket to Hoverfly or start a new thread to discuss your problems.

mapoff

Great video. The setup software could use some tweaking, it's a little difficult to setup, but it seems to function really well.