Hoverfly HF Firmware update server down?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Can someone please try to access the Hoverfly firmware update server? You would do this by running the firmware update client and then seeing if you can access the board selection drop-down menu. When I get to that step it says it can't establish a connection to the server.

Thanks,
Bart

Bartman

grrrrrrrrrr.....

thanks for looking into that folks! at least it means i'm not screwed up on my end (not as much as it seems sometimes, at least :) )

Bartman

I just tried it again this morning, same results. Fired off an email to Al and Ben, we'll see if they can ctrl-alt-del before heading to their BBQ engagements today!

Bartman

still nothing.... :(
perfect weather here and a full schedule for the week......

workshop

I guess this is a big disadvantage of relying on someone else's server to fly a product one has purchased. The customers go down with the server...

What happens to the user base if HFT goes out of business, shifts direction (a la Quadpowered) or stops paying its IT bill?

Jeff

Edit: I'll answer that one: the software version currently flashed is the last version.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I wasn't aware you needed an Internet connection to use the software. This is only to update it that you need a connection to their server right? So why can't you just fly the old configuration?

workshop

I'm fine flying 4.8 on three copters. Setup Client works w/o an Internet connection but that wasn't my point. I am merely pointing out the sinking feeling many get when the server goes down or the forum goes quiet. :)

Jeff

Aerovideo

Yeah, they took the server down for the hobby users. You now have to be a licensed Hollywood cinematographer to user their software... hehe ;)

Seriously though, if you look at how they market themselves, that's what their target is. Can't blame them, they have an awesome product and it would work well for the Hollywood crowd.

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Seriously though, if you look at how they market themselves, that's what their target is. Can't blame them, they have an awesome product and it would work well for the Hollywood crowd.

Haven't they always marketed their stuff as being for the professional?

workshop

I just bought a used HFP this afternoon. It is flashed with 3.1.blah so "Server Down" is turning product to brick.

Two days... I guess the holiday is keeping the team from restarting the server. Maybe the new phone number might be answered?

Jeff

Bartman

Just got off the phone with Al, it should be fixed and back online today. The HF gang scattered for the holiday weekend so there wasn't anyone in the immediate area to resolve it.

Bart

Aerovideo

I just bought a used HFP this afternoon. It is flashed with 3.1.blah so "Server Down" is turning product to brick.

Two days... I guess the holiday is keeping the team from restarting the server. Maybe the new phone number might be answered?

Jeff

Hehe... I wanted that board :)