Hey from York, Pa

ranst4038

Iargan Ambassador
I'm Rick & passing time waiting for JJRC H8D to arrive. After spending a week researching quads I went with that because the 300 meter range right out of box on control & FPV was verified. And for $100 it's a no brainer. Also ordered 4x7x2mm ball bearings, 5 extra 7.4 650mAh battery, 4 battery chargers, 4 in 1 stick on magnetic lens, magnetic prop balancer, 24 spare motors and VR headset to mount FPV screen in. And the parts are dirt cheap, even the body shell is only a couple bucks. Only has 1 flaw, 7.4 volts burns the microscopic reed brushes off in like 20 minutes at full power. So fly it at 50% unless your racing.
Update: Turned all the guts 180* to clip camera on backward and give wide angle lens room to point up slightly.
H8_D_Wide_Camera_Mod.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
welcome to MultiRotorForums.com and let us know how that little quad works out for you. the FPV link is usually a weak point in the lower priced RTF market so if you're experience is good we'd love to hear about it.

Bart

ranst4038

Iargan Ambassador
Got my replacement motors so I can fly first time with ball bearings & http://www.cerflon.com dry lube.
Wow throttle is really touchy now. Hovers at like 10% & I don't have to use more than 50%. Should really help with burning motors. :)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
let me know if you guys want me to set up a York, PA area sub-forum in the local action area of the site.