Hey all good to be here - DJI 55 hexa issue

paul marsh

Hey guys im fairly new to the drones, had a Blade chroma 1080p and seemed to be to easy to fly........................ Ya wish i was still there hahaha bought a dji 550 hexa with the naza m gps system, Its a little harder to fly not gonna lie. lol first flight attempt flips over doesnt even take off.... ok second attempt got it up about a foot flips over and crashes.........at this point really wishing i still had the blade chroma lol, Finally get this thing to fly but its twitchy as hell in anymode just terrible but i will figure it out hahahaha anyways thanks for the introduction......

With a naza M that shouldn't be happening. Sounds like its not in GPS/atti. Have you calibrated your compass? Have you hooked it up to the DJI software and checked your gains? You shouldn't be having these problems. The flashing LED should tell you a lot by the colors.

paul marsh

Ya i calibrated the compass and its in gps atti mode. With the gains im not 100 percent sure what they sould be at thats kinda ehat i figure the proplem is there just on default right now

It should hop right up, hold position and hover steady. The gains could be way off but its hard to say. There's a couple of good YouTube videos on gains out there. You can probably even find someone else's gains for a f550 and start there. There's other things as well, Maybe preform a throttle cal on all of your ESC's. Also, I changed the mounting of my GPS compass once and basically turned the folding mount 90 degrees so it wasn't facing forward anymore. I could barely control it. The IMU and compass definitely need to be oriented correctly.

Lobbo

Hi. I've just dug out my original gains settings for my F550. Haven't been able to check them on my craft (on an Inspire now) but the last time I changed them was to revert to the initial settings - they were set up by the retailer's tech team who built it.
Basic Gain % values : 135, 135, 130 ,140,130,130
You may need to tweak them but these should make yours safer in the meantime.
Good luck