Hexacopter purchase in the UK ?

deepcaj

Hello all, just joined the site, thanks. Can anyone out there recommend the best place in the UK preferably in the south to purchase a Hexacopter RTF package from. Something mid-range, usual NAV, and Auto Pilot units with an FPV and multiple way-point capability please. I have no previous RC multirotor experience, this isn't for flips and tricks, its strictly for aerial photography / videoing. It has to be able to breakdown / fold-away and reassemble easily for regular overseas travel. Many Thanks Adam.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I use Quadcopters.co.uk, Build Your Own Drone (BYOD.co.uk), Heliguy, firstpersonview.co.uk (for other bits) and sometimes fast-lad performance. They all deliver the next day and have excellent service.

What platform to get is a whole other thing. I use a DJI S800 as it packs into a case for easy transport but there are many more options and the S800 is prone to vibes and there's not much space to work on. The Phantoms are really easy to setup and with a GoPro Hero 3 the images and videos I see on the web are pretty bloody good.

Are you sure you want RTF? Building is half the fun, even if you've never done it before, and knowing your system means you can fix any problem in the field. I have a DJI F550 which has taught me loads but transport ain't so easy. I use a cymbal case but remove the props.

The new Phantom Vision has everything you need and is very transportable. The DJI camera is not as good as the GoPro though and the gimbal is only one axis (tilt).

Have fun! There's a whole bunch to learn so do lots of reading. And if you want to get paid you'll need a license.

Cool?

deepcaj

Thanks Ben, I'm overseas at the moment, so I don't have a lot of down time to build at the moment, however, I will probably get into that as things slow down a bit. I'm looking for a "VFM" "off the shelf" .My aim is to get some experience then get a licence next year. I've seen the DJI S800, although I was concerned how robust they would be once broken down, and bounced round the odd airport carousel, I do like the clip together design though. As you say the F550 looks a good place to start. Thanks for the advice.