Hexacopter Electronics Help Needed

curryfire

Hello All,

I'm pretty much brand new to the multirotor hobby. However, I was able to get a pretty good deal at yard sale on a bunch of multi-rotor items so I decided to jump into the deep end. At this yard sale, I was able to get a partially completed Tarot 680 Pro Frame with a baggy of the remaining parts, 6 Hobby-Wing Platinum Pro ESCs new in their bags, and a NAZA V2 Flight controller with a Mini ISOD all for around 350 bucks. After a quick search on Google, this looked like a great deal.

After I got home, I was able to complete the frame build, ESC installation under the motor arms, and PCB soldering without a hitch. The guy i bought it from said that he replaced the carbon fiber arms so that he could use 14" props, so I went and bought the following items.

6 sunnysky v3508 kv380 motors
6 14"x5.5" carbon fiber blades

I am also planning on buying some 5000mA 6S battery to hook up in parallel.

I'm now at the point where I am ready to install the electrical components and have hit a wall. I was originally going to use a Futaba 10J and R3008SB Tx/Rx combo since i can use the SBUS connector to the NAZA V2. However, I was looking around for a good FPV solution and I found the Walkera F12E.
http://www.helipal.com/walkera-devo-f12e-12-channel-2-4ghz-digital-radio-system-w-fpv-monitor.html

I was planning on installing the ISOD later when I buy a gimbal for my Hero 3, so this looked perfect for when I was ready for FPV. So my question is:

1. The Walkera DEVO RX1202 doesn't have a SBUS so I will install the all the 3 pin connectors for elev, aile, thro, and rudd. However, the transmitter needs 5V power. How do I do this with my 6S batteries.
2. Later when I install a gimbal and a video transmitter, will these also need 5V power?

Sorry if this is a very newbie question.

Thanks

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I am assuming you mean that your receiver power, that will be provided by the Naza when you plug the leads in.

curryfire

Hi, that is what I meant. Thanks for the help. Follow-up question, will the ISOD mini power the video transmitter in similar fashion?