Hexa Flight Time

xavivo

Hi, I was wondering about your flight times with your Hexas?
I'm getting 8 minutes from my Turnigy 6000mAh nano tech lipo, is this a good time? I don't have any idea of how long my battery should last. Are you using 2 batteries in parallel?
I have Avroto motors with Turnigy 30amp ESC. FC is DJI WKM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

mailman35

3s or 4s? are you running the batteries down to 20% of capacity?
with my hex and 4s and a 5ah lipo. im getting between 8-11min depending on what im doing, um using 2814/8 suppo's and 9x5 graupners.

xavivo

3s or 4s? are you running the batteries down to 20% of capacity?
with my hex and 4s and a 5ah lipo. im getting between 8-11min depending on what im doing, um using 2814/8 suppo's and 9x5 graupners.

Thanks for your input, I forgot to mention I'm using 4s and APC 12x3.8 props.
I have to mention that I have crash 2 times because of low battery and pushing to get 10 min flight.
I'm running the batteries down to 20 %.

xavivo

I don't have a number for the weight, but I'm flying with the AV 200 mount with a GoPro.

holco

Everything depends on the weight of the copter.

Flexacopter hexa
4,5Kg auw
MK setup
Avroto motors
Xoar 13x6 wood
5S 8000mAh lipo's
max 12 min flying time, 80% lipo use

vislaw

I am flying a Droidworx Y6/ AV130 with GH2 camera using Graupner 11x5 e-props. I've been using two of the Quadropower 6200mAh 4S LiPos in parallel and I've been getting 12 minute flights before hitting 20% depletion.

xavivo

Thanks Guys for all the great info, Now I can see that 8 min is not bad with a single 4s 6000mAh battery. Now I will fly with parallel batteries to get more fun!!

Thanks again for the input!!!

Billzilla

Mine is completely bare of extra equipment apart from a GoPro camera.
With a 4S 3300 mah I can get about seven minutes.
I've also got a 4S 8000 mah but I've only used it a couple of times so far, I don't have a good flight time for it yet but I expect it'll end up a good fifteen minutes or so.

xavivo

Mine is completely bare of extra equipment apart from a GoPro camera.
With a 4S 3300 mah I can get about seven minutes.
I've also got a 4S 8000 mah but I've only used it a couple of times so far, I don't have a good flight time for it yet but I expect it'll end up a good fifteen minutes or so.

Wooow!!. Those are very good times, which motors and props did you have?

Dewster

I have a hexa with 2814/11s motors, APC 10x4.7 props, DJI 30 amp esc, running on a 6000 mah battery. I can hover at altitude for 5.5 minutes with my set up. I haven't weighed my craft yet. If I run two 6000 in parallel I'll get 11.5 minutes of flight time. The only issue is that the motors and esc are luke warm after the flight when running the extra weight of a second battery. My craft weighs 5 pounds/2.26 kg (that's with camera mount/no camera).

Last edited by a moderator:

xavivo

I have a hexa with 2814/11s motors, APC 10x4.7 props, DJI 30 amp esc, running on a 6000 mah battery. I can hover at altitude for 5.5 minutes with my set up. I haven't weighed my craft yet. If I run two 6000 in parallel I'll get 11.5 minutes of flight time. The only issue is that the motors and esc are luke warm after the flight when running the extra weight of a second battery

Dewster, thanks for your input.
Does the 5.5min are with camera and camera mount?
Today I tested my hexa with 2 parallel 6000mAh batteries and the time was great, 15 min and my motors and ESC were warm but nothing to worry about.

Billzilla

Wooow!!. Those are very good times, which motors and props did you have?

The motors are the standard DJI ones that come with the kit, the props are the DJI 8" ones but the flight seems to be pretty similar with the 10" Graupners as well.

Pete80

Rctimer bc-2836/9 880kv motors
Hobbywing Pentium 30a flashed with simonk firmware
Dji naza
2x mystery 3s 5000mah packs

Hovered in my living room for about 20 minutes and packs were at about 3.75 per cell

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

xavivo

Rctimer bc-2836/9 880kv motors
Hobbywing Pentium 30a flashed with simonk firmware
Dji naza
2x mystery 3s 5000mah packs

Hovered in my living room for about 20 minutes and packs were at about 3.75 per cell

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Wooow that's a excellent time!!
I wish I could get that time.

xavivo

Thanks Guys for all your Input, I really appreciate it!!!

:)

Tomorrow I will try new props that just arrived (graupner 11x5) and see if I can get more time.