Herkules IV arrived at Kopterworx.

jrlederer

Just wondering if anyone who's also beta testing these fine new boards can lend me a bit of insight as to what the differences are, in the latest firmware's folder structure, between the i2c_int0/i2c_int1 and similarly ppm_int0/ppm_int1. The structure is clear thereafter in that the folder names clearly describe what they represent, such as AFW1 meaning Active FreeWheeling ON, but I'm not recognizing what int0/1 represents, particularly because the resulting file names when you follow the folders down to the firmware files ends up being the same name! Anyone?

I have one ready to test but unfortunately I am waiting for my replacement DJI V2 MC to arrive since mid September. Any day now I will post some results.

jrlederer

I, too, have one mounted on a SkyJib 8. My current test configuration is running with Kopterworx KW8 motors and Xoar 15x5 props using both 5S and 6S. Unfortunately, I am hospitalized currently for a broken ankle that was accompanied by a pretty bad infection surrounding the area of the skin and muscles where the break occurred. As soon as I am well enough to return home (expected to be 2-3 more days) the results will be posted. additionally, I have both Axi 2826's as well as Orbit motors that I intend to mount on the same frame and obtain results based on those configurations. The tests will include multiple AUW bracket categories to provide some nice graphs that should prove to be very helpful, or so I hope!

Jonathan

jrlederer

Thank you all very much for the kind wishes. As my state's former governor so ridiculously put it, "I'll be back!"...and I will.

mk-Thor

flytofly

I have both Axi 2826's as well as Orbit motors that I intend to mount on the same frame and obtain results based on those configurations. The tests will include multiple AUW bracket categories to provide some nice graphs that should prove to be very helpful, or so I hope!

Jonathan

Heal quickly! I'm very excited about your Axi 2826 test!!! Been eyeing these motors for a while.

Vortex

I was only just thinking how the tests with the HercIII boards were going.

I have a couple of questions

Are all 8 motors drawing 73.5A whilst hovering with 15.9kgs........This seems very low
Then at 19.32kgs it's drawing 101.0A

My FPV quad draws over 90A at full throttle

Thanks,

Lance

Lanzar

The amp draw is per board. 2 x 73.5 and 2 x 101 amps. And on 6S.

Yes power draw is 2x since we meashure only 1 board. But 200amps hoover is more than enough. 200 amps /8 motors is 25amp which is perfect maximum load for kw10. Well kw10 can draw 35amps for 30 sec.
I think that 10kg maximum payload is more than enough. Unless someone needs to lift the cameraman also with the camera then call us and we will make a special hammer with 80kg payload capability and a new men size mount with a seat instead off mounting camera plate.

flytofly

Yes power draw is 2x since we meashure only 1 board. But 200amps hoover is more than enough. 200 amps /8 motors is 25amp which is perfect maximum load for kw10. Well kw10 can draw 35amps for 30 sec.
I think that 10kg maximum payload is more than enough. Unless someone needs to lift the cameraman also with the camera then call us and we will make a special hammer with 80kg payload capability and a new men size mount with a seat instead off mounting camera plate.

Patiently waiting for the release of Herk III! very anxious. What size props are you using on your coax X8 in the above video? are the bottom and upper motors spinning at the same rpm or are the uppers programmed to spin faster than the bottom? Thank you

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
The guys are flying with the DJI WKM Mixer X8 mixer which by default does not reduce or increase the rpm for the top or bottom props. I think though that they are flying slightly modified mixer in order to have one herkules board taking care of either the upper or lower props which would give them extra redundancy if one herk board failes. You would remain with a quad. Probably with the KW 10 they are flying 15 or 16 xoars probably 16 xoars

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Cine check the vimeo Herkules channel. I think that's what mkthor is actually doing and tested

Boris