Here's the plan

hangloose

I have a Tarot T18 frame laying around that is missing an arm. I want to convert it to a dead cat configuration with 55 degrees off the x axis front and 45 degrees in the back. See the attached photo for how I think it should be reconfigured. Assuming that the feedback that I get suggest that it's ok, I plan on putting a set of U7 V2 motors that I have laying around with matching 80A ESC's. I have carbon fiber 18x6.1 props for the motors. Although it's overkill, I'll have to use the A2 that I have available.

Do you think the above configuration will work well as far as the frame configuration?

Attachments

• IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 251

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
as long as the center of gravity is close to the geometric center of the motors and the modified arms are attached securely, it should work great

hangloose

oh hey Bart, so the geometric center is determined not by the position of the arm but rather by finding the intersection of CCW and CW axes (the imaginary lines that should cross near the center hub) ?

violetwolf

Yes center of gravity and the center of the imaginary lines should be in the same spot.
Try to locate your Flight Controller there as well .