Here's the GH4 killer

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Given its full sensor and mp count this could be an awesome camera and kick the butt of the GH4 but we shall see...

econfly

Panasonic and Sony are leading. I really would like to see Canon step up with something that could compete in this space. I have a ton of Canon and MFT glass, so adding Sony to the pile is not ideal. Hopefully the GH5 (or whatever Panasonic calls it) can keep up. But more than anything I wish Canon would deliver a competitive product for video in this space.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Panasonic and Sony are leading. I really would like to see Canon step up with something that could compete in this space. I have a ton of Canon and MFT glass, so adding Sony to the pile is not ideal. Hopefully the GH5 (or whatever Panasonic calls it) can keep up. But more than anything I wish Canon would deliver a competitive product for video in this space.

Get a speed booster and run your canon glass on Sony or Pano... it looks GREAT!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I use the Commlite on my A7s. works much better than the Metabones. focus is unusable on any of the adapters though. but who cares about AF. Every now and then a weird issue like my canon 100 macro only goes down to f/3.5. But very reliable so far.

econfly

I have the metabones speedbooster for the GH4 -- excellent product that both adapts canon glass and gains a stop in the process. No auto-focus, as noted above, and that's fine for video but a pain for stills. The problem with MFT as on the GH4 is the cropped field of view. The only Canon lens I really like on the GH4 for wide angle use is the 16-35 f/2.8, and even then it's about 25mm on the wide end shooting 4K -- about the same as using a native MFT 12mm lens, so not exactly wide.

This Sony with a full-frame 35mm sensor could really be an improvement...

Giovanni59

Yes, that's a huge sensor and even surpasses my Nikon D800 but the whole point of the GH4 was an affordable 4K video camera.
I think the Sony is incredible but not a GH4 buster. I am glad it is available and records internally because I was really wanting the Sony A7s but it needed and external recorder and both together would have been over $4000. I want a cheap 4k option but looks like GH4 or G7 will not work because of HDMI output issues.