HELP_DJI Phantom 2 vision+ horizon off by 8 degrees

coreylack

Hey Gang!

I've contacted DJI and their suggestions were to send it back or send it in. I wanted to explore this route and see if there were things I could do before I sent it away for over 4 weeks for repair. bla! Thanks for the feedback.

What I've done so far:
Tried to recalibrate the gimbal with the DJI app basis and advanced. Nothing.

Attachments

• DJI00054.jpg
    DJI00054.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 450

I've contacted DJI and their suggestions were to send it back or send it in. I wanted to explore this route and see if there were things I could do before I sent it away for over 4 weeks for repair. bla!

That's why DJI will probably go out of business once the UAV industry takes off and there are dozens of companies making stuff to compete with the Phantom. DJI has that same arrogant attitude that Apple has --- "we need to tightly restrict all component replaceability to insure a good customer experience." Which is why Apple told me it will either cost $150 to replace the battery in my iPad 2, or else I can just buy a new iPad Air for $600. Funny, but I've been easily replacing broken parts in desktop PCs for over 20 years now. Gotta love that arrogance --- it ultimately results in bankrupt and forgotten companies. :frog:

But regardless, you should've bought your Vision+ from Amazon. They would have issued an immediate full refund to your credit card the same day as you returned the faulty unit, and shipped you out a new Vision+ the next day (most likely with a gimbal that works). That sure beats waiting around for the next 4-5 weeks while the idiots at DJI attempt to fix your malfunctioning gimbal.
:nevreness:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rons410

I had a similar issue, the gimbal arm was bent. I carefully straightened it and it works fine. Is your bent, have you
crashed the bird?

chipwich

That's why DJI will probably go out of business once the UAV industry takes off and there are dozens of companies making stuff to compete with the Phantom. DJI has that same arrogant attitude that Apple has --- "we need to tightly restrict all component replaceability to insure a good customer experience." Which is why Apple told me it will either cost $150 to replace the battery in my iPad 2, or else I can just buy a new iPad Air for $600. Funny, but I've been easily replacing broken parts in desktop PCs for over 20 years now. Gotta love that arrogance --- it ultimately results in bankrupt and forgotten companies. :frog:

But regardless, you should've bought your Vision+ from Amazon. They would have issued an immediate full refund to your credit card the same day as you returned the faulty unit, and shipped you out a new Vision+ the next day (most likely with a gimbal that works). That sure beats waiting around for the next 4-5 weeks while the idiots at DJI attempt to fix your malfunctioning gimbal.
:nevreness:

Depends on who they are fulfilling the order for. In general the RMA process is good with Amazon, but not always. I've had my issues with Amazon returns. As far as the 3 year old iPad 2, I'm looking at my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 and wondering how/who would replace its battery. I think these devices are obsolescent by design.

I had a similar issue with an H3-2D, but was resolved when a new f/w was released.