Help with FS goggles

Nuttzzy

so i got my goggles in and the EZosd and 5.8 Tx ive spent the better part of an hr or so looking for a video, i can follow the manual on hook up but im not gutting image threw the goggles, is there a sync or pair procedure or how does this work the manual only tells wireing setup and how to adjust the menu after you get image.. im about to head to the field and thought it would be nice to try these out but can't spend 6 hrs trying to figure it out.. will be dark by then can someone give me some info on this?

Beep, Beep, Honk, Honk, Over and Out Rotorhead

Nuttzzy

yeah Immersion Rc and fatshark is all im using from readymaderc.. both 5.8 only thing i can think of is cam isnt being powered.. says the OSD doesn't power the cam.. so i guess i need to tap into the power and ground and run power to the came and all the signal to the OSD? if so wonder how much power?

Nuttzzy

How do I make sure the goggle and VTX are same channel

SMP

This may sound a bit silly but... make sure your 1/8 connector has 4 separate poles. Push the 1/8 all the way in, then back it out slightly. I've had to velcro a loop and keep a bit of tension to make sure the plug doesn't fall out but it works :/

Nuttzzy

SMP I felt so stupid when I figured it it. The two antennas one is specific Tx and ones specific RX I had them switched.

DesJardins

What antennas are you using?
Unless your using a helical or directional of some sorts the whip/Clover/Skews can go on both vtx, vrx.

I use 2 4lobe Skews and the multi-pathing is great on my MR

Nuttzzy

That's what I thought. But I got to looking. And it was printed on the antennas I swapped them and it started working. So.. That's all I know. Then I spent 30 minutes like a little kid with my goggles and "spy cam"

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=1058

Aviator

That's what I thought. But I got to looking. And it was printed on the antennas I swapped them and it started working. So.. That's all I know. Then I spent 30 minutes like a little kid with my goggles and "spy cam"

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=1058

I flew for weeks with the Fat Shark spironet antennas reversed before I noticed the small print on the casing, never made any difference that I could note? maybe at longer distances it would be noticeable.