Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Help with first real drone!

Discussion in 'Beginners Drone Forum' started by Joellind, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Joellind

Joellind New Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Sweden
    Posted by Joellind, Jan 4, 2017 #1
    Hi!

I've been longing for a drone for long and finally decided to buy a real drone! I already own multiple small toy drones and now i want to go for something bigger. I have some requirements, as decent flying time and capable of fpv with GoPro. I've got a budget of around 400 dollars maximum, is it possible to build a decent drone with this budget? If so, you could anyone help me find commonly used and good parts? Preferably from hobbyking and their EU warehouse since I live in Sweden. I've been looking at hobbyking myself but it's just a complete jungle...

Thanks for any help
    Joel

2. Posted by John Doecliff, Jan 4, 2017 #2
    I always recommend a flame wheel 450 for a first larger size drone. Kits with motors, ESC's and FC are pretty cheap and its a decent drone that's easy to build. There are tons of you tube videos that show how to build one and I think there's even a complete build log for one on this forum. Don't forget to budget for a radio as well. If not that then you can get a basic DJI phantom 2 for $400 with a radio.

3. Ourection

Ourection New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Seattle WA
    Posted by Ourection, Jan 11, 2017 #3
    When you talk about GoPro, suddenly it remind me about Karma drones from GoPro, maybe they could do something to improve the product following the recall issues. I am a big fan of gopro actually ;). I am also looking for real drone, before this i just play around with cheap drones made from China. Just to get the feel before buying a real one.

4. johnq816

johnq816 Member

Sep 13, 2016
    CA,US
    Posted by johnq816, Feb 13, 2017 #4
    Sometimes building a drone may take more cost if you are not very good at it. I suggest buying a durable RTF drone to practice and fly at first. You can take a look at VIFLY R220, really nice design with clean look and incredible durability.