Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Need Help! Help with DX8 Radio and Y6

Discussion in 'Beginners Drone Forum' started by Errol Levendall, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Errol Levendall

Errol Levendall New Member

Posted by Errol Levendall, Apr 1, 2021 #1
    Hi All,

I am brand new to Y6 - multirotor type of drones with a Spektrum DX8 radio. I started out with a Phantom 3 Pro which I still enjoy today and whenever possible I still make Pictures and videos - depending on my location and the restrictions we experience today. - However, i have very recently purchased a Y6 unit with a DX8 radio - man .... this eagle makes my Phantom bird look like a "Plug & Play" unit. for this reason, I am now seeking best assistance in getting to not only understand this unit - but to program the units so that I can safely take it to the skies without any fear of a crash or fly-away condition.

Detail of the unit.
    6xKV710 motors - (T-Motors)
    Wookong control board. and psu.
    Spektrum AR 8000 unit.
    and the radio is the Spektrum DX8.

What I would love to learn - How to program and set up both the radio as well as the unit - best for beginners.
    Understanding the use and setting of Trims-Curves-Switches etc.
    Importantly the setup and testing of the fail safe as well as the Return to Home feature (how to use) + GPS
    Throttle setting and understanding thereof
    I need not only to know that the unit is safe to fly but also that I can get it back and safely land the unit.
    Share setup file with other members.

Hope to hear from some-one in the not too distant future.
    Greetings from Cape Town - South Africa.
    Please stay safe.

Errol

Attached Files:

Tags: