Help with AG550 and NEX5N fitting with HDMI cable

Bison52

I need some help getting my NEX5N to fit on my AG550v1.5 with an HDMI cable. Enclosed is a pic of the tray. With the camera installed, there is less than 1/2 in clearance on the side. I have tried a couple of cables including an ultra-thin and a right angle and they don't come close to fitting. I tried letting the connector extend in the cutout portion at the side of the slot but that interferes with the tilt operation. As you can see in the pics, there is only one way the camera can be placed on the tray and there is very little room to the right (servo) side where the HDMI connection is.

I have emailed the manufacturers but I think we are both frustrated with each other and talking at cross purposes for the moment. Dr. Phil has a different tray on his AG550 but I'm told this is the correct one with the latest version.

I'm sure there are dozens of you with this working successfully and I've just gone blind to the solution so If you have this gimbal and tray and have a Sony NEX installed, please send me pics or instructions. If there is some cable that I need that I haven't found yet, steer me to it.

Thanks in advance

Mike
View attachment 6283View attachment 6284

Attachments

• Yoke (1 of 2).jpg
    Yoke (1 of 2).jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Yoke (1 of 1).jpg
    Yoke (1 of 1).jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 259