Help SK450

aonno

Hi all, I hope you guys can put up with some newbie questions! I recently brought a SK450 kit, and it seem for the price was a great starter (Although I have been through more propellers than hot dinners!) A few questions;
1# Can you get aluminum propellers?
2# Flying it in dual rate easy mode, but if I want to change to the more agile settings, it requires landing and using the KK boards receiver test function to 'zero the trims ', also I seem to retrim quite often, and my trims on the Controller are all over the place. If there a way to reset them to the middle?

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me out with these issues :)

genesc

First off you need to give us more info. Like motors/size and other information.

I am new as well and just learning to fly. I bought a SK-450 as well. But I had bought another model that I found was much easier to fly first.

Ok here is what I found out with my SK-450. Don't know if this will help but here goes. I am using 4ea Sunnysky Angel 2212 980kv with Q-Braom Esc's. I would not recommend using those Angel Sunnysky motors though. Poor quality. And I am using the KK2 board as well. I had to go in an tweak the P-Gains and I-Gains as well as the Pitch and Roll settings. Pitch and Roll settings are for if your quad drifts forward or aft and roll is for left and righ. Mine was wanting to go forward so I had to set the Pitch to a -percent in increments till it would hover in one place and not go forward.

You need to tweak the settings on each quad you build using a KK2 board.

After tweaking it to where I could hover with just keeping throttle speed constant then it was ok. It is a bit more sensitive to fly than my other model quad but I think that it is because of the wt difference. The SK-450 is a bit liter than my other quad.

You can experiment with duel rates and your Expos. I have not done that on mine but did set the Expos on my other Quad.

Hope this helps some.

Gene

Last edited by a moderator: