Help Please with crash log.

Crash log...
I finally had a fairly decent crash and managed to totally trash a gimbal, gh4, landing gear and some props. Otherwise no damage to the core at all.
SkyJib 8 with AMP 500kv motors and AMP 15x5 carbon props.
Maytech 65amp Optos
DJI WKM
OSD Mk2
Futaba 8's with 6208's core/gimbal

So I've gone through my head.. and the log and neither are making much sense about the final why..

I accidentally grabbed manual mode for a split second and it sounded like a screaming woman falling from about
60 ft agl. 2.5 G impact into the middle of the road. Came straight down.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/d2b19986-f508-4238-bf5c-b9e63d233a20

37 mb file...

The log shows the throttle freaking out but I'm not quite grasping the reason why it behaved the way it did. The voltage never reached
1st level at 21.4v, weren't flying heavy. I'd love some insight if you guys would care to share it. Some of you guys have been deciphering these DJI logs a little longer than I have and may see it right away.

I'm thinking I'll go ahead and put new motors on it and ESC's since they go hand in hand. Props for sure also. Wasn't planning on changing FC as we've had great results with the WKM for all 78 flights on this rig. But now my confidence is bothered and I'm looking around to see what my options are.

Thanks in advance guys..

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwelltub

I am not able to look at the flight log right now, but what I can say is that I've seen DJI flight controllers have occasional freak outs when switching to manual mode quickly. It happened once when flying a nana quad, when ever I'd switch to manual it would shudder and freak out until I went back into atti. I was just sport flying so I had time to really look at it. It wasn't a throttle issue, it just kept happening until I rebooted the FC. With weight this glitch could have been more deadly without very fast reaction.

X,Y & Z were spot on as far as that's part of our preflight. Props were balanced the flight before this one and were in perfect condition.

@maxwelltub
Fortunately it came straight down and this drives home the reason we don't fly over anything or anyone who's permission we don't have or a release of liability has been signed. Oh, and we have the ultimate insurance with Transport Risk.