Help needed for Zenmuse & Nex 5R

mitsaras

Hi guys,

I need some assistance with our company's new S800/Z15/Nex 5R.
We have a two man setup, and the cameraman's Tx (Graupner MX16) is setup as per DJI instructions with AUX3 to control the camera video recording ON/OFF, but it doesn't work... Everything else works properly, Mode switch, FPV look forward/down, still picture Shutter etc. all work fine, but video rec. does NOT work... In the Zenmuse Assistant software I can see the switch working, but the camera does not record...
I checked & double checked the camera settings, again nothing.
I am completely stumped, I would welcome any advise on what to do next.

Thanks,
Dimitris

Tahoe Ed

To use a switch to control video recording requires the HDMI II. The HDMI I will only allow shutter control. They are not expensive to upgrade.

mitsaras

Thanks for the quick reply, Tahoe Ed.
Do you know how to tell if we have the v1 or v2 board? The heli was just bought 2 weeks ago, & received day bef. yesterday...

thx

Tahoe Ed

I just sent an email to DJI asking the same question. I have a new S800 and Zen arriving today. I assumed the new Zen's would be equipped with the HDMI II but now I don't know. The II are only a $35 upgrade so not a deal killer in my opinion.

mitsaras

When you hear back, please let me know - it might be a while due to the Chinese New Year... We need the activation code for Click & Go, but can't reach anyone @ DJI...

Thank you for your help,

Dimitris

Last edited by a moderator:

fritz99

Hello !

With the SONY NEX-5 you cannot control video recording via remote.
You have to start video recording manually before motor start.
And stop video recording after motor stop manually.

Fritz

Tahoe Ed

View attachment 9488

Here is what mine looks like.

Also the release notes say the following;

• Video recording is available for Z15-N gimbal (AUX3).

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:

mitsaras

Thank you Ed, this is really helpful. I'll check ours when I get to work Monday.
BTW, did you try to see if rec on/off actually works?

Thanks everyone for the help :nevreness:

Tahoe Ed

I have not. I got the new Zen and another S800 on Friday. I am planing to put it together this weekend. My Nex5n will not be here until Monday so you will probably know before me.

Hi guys, I have my Zen coming also. I need to get a nex5. Do you know if it will take the "n" or the "R"? Also what lens is it setup for?

Thanks

Tahoe Ed

It is my understanding the the "N" and the "R" are interchangeable. The Z15 is balanced for the 16mm pancake lens.

hjls3

The R has some wifi sharing abilities that the N does not. with that said, 99% sure that they are the same frames. Bordhead a member here, is flying an R. They are not making the N anymore but they can still be found. I recently got a great deal on one at B and H Photo. I have both the 18-55 and 16mm lens. I find the 18-55 takes much better pics if you are also wanting to use it for photos outside of the ZEN. SO if you could find a good deal on the 18-55 I would get it too.

Tahoe Ed

The R has some wifi sharing abilities that the N does not. with that said, 99% sure that they are the same frames. Bordhead a member here, is flying an R. They are not making the N anymore but they can still be found. I recently got a great deal on one at B and H Photo. I have both the 18-55 and 16mm lens. I find the 18-55 takes much better pics if you are also wanting to use it for photos outside of the ZEN. SO if you could find a good deal on the 18-55 I would get it too.

I crashed and destroyed my Nex5N and was able to pick up a replacement on eBay for $600 with both lenses, 3 batteries and a 16gm 10 memory card. I was happy.

mitsaras

On a non-related issue, that HDMI cable looks awful flimsy, couldn't DJI use an angled plug instead of bare wires? It blocks the USB socket too, which means having to remove it to d/l the shots & charge the camera. I've beefed it up with some sugru...

mitsaras

I crashed and destroyed my Nex5N and was able to pick up a replacement on eBay for $600 with both lenses, 3 batteries and a 16gm 10 memory card. I was happy.

Man, I'm envious... no such bargains around here!!! Shipping & tax would prob. double that price...