HELP: Mounting T-Motor 2814-10's to my F550

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
So I received my new T-Motor 2814-10's for my Flamewheel F550. I'm going to replace the stock DJI motors/props with these motors and T-Motor 10x3.3 props. I have a couple of issues that I would love someone to comment on.

1) The length of wire that came with the motors is insanely long - like at least 22" (I didn't really measure). I ordered 3.5mm bullet connectors so I can cut the wires to about 4" and solder bullets on so that I can plug them neatly in to my stock DJI speed controllers. I shouldn't have an issue with that, should I? I mean, the motor doesn't really need that much wire does it?
2) The hole pattern of the stock DJI arm doesn't match up to the new motors. I will only be able to get 2 screws in to hold the motor in place. Does anyone know of an adaptor that will work with this motor and DJI 550 arm? Attached are the schematics of the motor.

Thanks!

Attachments

• MT2814-10-02.jpg
    MT2814-10-02.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 422

tstrike

pendejo grande
Hi Hal, the wires come that way so you can run them down the arm (usually inside an arm) to esc's that are placed inside the body of the copter. The 550
doesn't need it, I usually desolder the bullets, cut the wire to length, resolder the same bullets. You'll also have to auger out the center hole so the bottom bearing
has room to spin (be careful here, it's easy to go a bit big and cut into the screw holes). Most after market motors, especially larger than stock motors will only be able to catch 2 screws holes on the dji arms.

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
So, I'm assuming that catching 2 screws will be ok? I could use 2 washers as well to help with surface area contact. I'll also look at the middle bearing to see how it spins on the arm.