help building/mounting board

david

SleepyC adviced me to go ahead and buy the Naze32 which I will do no doubt. But I have this question when soldering and building up the hard and software what other parts do I need is the Naze32 alone sufficient or do I need anything else that goes with it(board wise I'm very new to all this)?

Thank you.
I take advice and suggestions seriously and do follow them up!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
The Naze32 is pretty much a plug and play board. You will simply plug in the motor’s esc’s and your receiver’s inputs. There are many videos on youtube explaining the process.

Here’s a good one.

Gary Seven

Rocketman
The Naze32 is pretty much a plug and play board. You will simply plug in the motor’s esc’s and your receiver’s inputs. There are many videos on youtube explaining the process.

Here’s a good one. [[snip]]
Wow SleepyC, thanks for that link. I've been pondering the Naze32 (just to try something new and cheap) and thought I had seen all the vids. Guess I was wrong.;)

david

Here’s a good one.
Thank you SleepyC, I really do appreciate your posts and advice you're great. Just a last thing I looked it up on hobbyking, it only shows a black board this link has two boards do I have to buy the other one as an addition? sorry to bother and ask too many questions just getting the info. rather than regretting it later.Thanks again :)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
There are many manufacturers of the Naze32, as it was developed as an open source project so colors vary. The board in your link is a Naze32, and it’s only 1 board, they are showing you the front and back of the board. Included is the pins you need to soldier onto the board and the wires to hook it up. If you are not comfortable soldiering pins to boards, do a google search for pre-soldiered Naze 32 boards...

david

Thank you for the quick reply, since I've taken this up I want to go all the way and do everything myself with guidance from friends and people like yourself. I wan to do the soldering as well. Thank you again it really meant I lot to me ;)

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
David, if you haven't soldered before then go to Maplins and buy a component board and some cheap components to gain some experience. Soldering is easy but it does take a bit of practice to get it right. If you are going to get into this hobby properly there are 3 bits of kit worth investing in right from the start- 1/ A good transmitter 2/ A good battery charger 3/ A good soldering iron! For number 3 it is worth getting a good 80 watt + soldering station ie one which has a computer driven iron. These make a massive difference to soldering and make it much easier and much more hassle free. Not too expensive either.

david

David, if you haven't soldered before then go to Maplins and buy a component board and some cheap components to gain some experience. Soldering is easy but it does take a bit of practice to get it right. If you are going to get into this hobby properly there are 3 bits of kit worth investing in right from the start- 1/ A good transmitter 2/ A good battery charger 3/ A good soldering iron! For number 3 it is worth getting a good 80 watt + soldering station ie one which has a computer driven iron. These make a massive difference to soldering and make it much easier and much more hassle free. Not too expensive either.
Thank you Carapau, I will do as you have said. I'm very happy to be a part of this forum and getting guidance from people like yourself and SleepyC. hopefully I will take a trip to Maplins and get the components and then order my parts either some from banggood or hobbyking. You have said to get a good transmitter,battery charger,battery and a soldering iron would you guide me with these please. Thank you very,very much.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Transmitter is always a tricky one. Any of the top brands such as Futaba, Spektrum, Graupner, Frsky etc all do great transmitters. Choose one with at least 10 channels ideally 14 or more. You wont necessarily need them now but it wont be long before you do. A good transmitter will normally long outlast any aircraft it was originally bought for hence investing upfront being a good option. The cream of them all in my opinion is the Jeti DS16 but then so is its price! However, if going down the DJI route then go for a Futaba as this is the system that DJI has designed all of its systems around basically. What is really worth doing though is trying to get one of the transmitters in your hands before you buy. Ergonomics are often overlooked by many buyers and you need to have your fingers fall nicely at the switches etc. this could be what ultimately allows you to decide on tx a or tx b.

Charger- go for either a Powerlab 8, Powerlab 6, and iCharger 4010 duo or the iCharger 406 duo. I find the iChargers to be much easier to use and with 2 charging ports are more practical too. If you are only going to use 6 cell batteries or less then the 406 is the one to go for. Regardless of which charger you choose you will also need a power supply for them the cheapest and best tend to be computer server power supplies. Google Coolice Power supplies, he is good and does a great range of builds.

For a soldering station I use an Ersa RDS80. It wasn't cheap but boy has it been good. You certainly don't need to buy one this expensive but you do want one that is temperature controlled. The ones Maplin sell are not the ones to go for if you are investing up front but would be more than enough to get you started if you don't mind upgrading later on.

david

Transmitter is always a tricky one. Any of the top brands such as Futaba, Spektrum, Graupner, Frsky etc all do great transmitters. Choose one with at least 10 channels ideally 14 or more. You wont necessarily need them now but it wont be long before you do. A good transmitter will normally long outlast any aircraft it was originally bought for hence investing upfront being a good option. The cream of them all in my opinion is the Jeti DS16 but then so is its price! However, if going down the DJI route then go for a Futaba as this is the system that DJI has designed all of its systems around basically. What is really worth doing though is trying to get one of the transmitters in your hands before you buy. Ergonomics are often overlooked by many buyers and you need to have your fingers fall nicely at the switches etc. this could be what ultimately allows you to decide on tx a or tx b.

Charger- go for either a Powerlab 8, Powerlab 6, and iCharger 4010 duo or the iCharger 406 duo. I find the iChargers to be much easier to use and with 2 charging ports are more practical too. If you are only going to use 6 cell batteries or less then the 406 is the one to go for. Regardless of which charger you choose you will also need a power supply for them the cheapest and best tend to be computer server power supplies. Google Coolice Power supplies, he is good and does a great range of builds.

For a soldering station I use an Ersa RDS80. It wasn't cheap but boy has it been good. You certainly don't need to buy one this expensive but you do want one that is temperature controlled. The ones Maplin sell are not the ones to go for if you are investing up front but would be more than enough to get you started if you don't mind upgrading later on.

Thank you ever so much, Carapau, you real have enlightened me on the matter/topic, I'm also grateful for the time you have put in for this post.