Help! Basic DJI wookong-m wiring assistance needed.

kemmy

Hi everyone. I'm building a multirotor octo . I have everything I need to build it (you can check my previous postings in other threads for my system specs) but I'm a little confused with the DJI WKM' powering/wiring setup. Please could you guys correct me if I'm doing it wrong or give better suggestions? First of all I'm going to use a 6S 10000mah(at 22.2V) single lipo for the main battery. I'm planning to solder a wire harness with xt60 connectors for my hobbywing 40a platinum ESC's. After parallel connecting the esc's powers ; this is where I get confused, how shall I power the WKM ? while I solder the harness I'm going to add an extra connection for wookong m. Will that be enough ? Someone told me that I dont need to power the ESC's from the lipo because wookong does but that sounds a little weird because what will I do with the 2 power cables on the esc ? plus the voltage wont be enough to power the esc's I suppose that would come from the wkm.

Please could someone tell me the correct way of doing this ? I would be more than happy :) Thanks in advance.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Simple answer - read the manual ...but yes power the WKM directly from your wiring harness and the manual suggests removing the red wire from all your ESCs,

kemmy

As far as I know the DJI wookong m can take a connection directly from my 6S 22.2V lipo. The WKM PMU can handle high currents.