XAircraft Help - assigning channels for compass and gps

CMonteiro

I installed my compass and I will soon install the gps. But I got surprised to see that the functions of these devices will occupie two more channels.
For driving the machine, the usual four (throtle, yaw, pitch and roll).
For the flight mode, Normal, hover and go home, another channel.
For the compass, one more channel for carefree and heading lock functions.
For the gps, one more for height hold, position hold and go home.
That makes 7 channels. And my DX8, which I thought was enaugh, only leaves me one channel for cam control (not enaugh).
Am I missing something?
You guyes also spend 7 channels when using compass and gps?
How many channels would I need for driving and taking pictures or video? Is my DX8 already useless?
Please comment
C. Monteiro

I installed my compass and I will soon install the gps. But I got surprised to see that the functions of these devices will occupie two more channels.
For driving the machine, the usual four (throtle, yaw, pitch and roll).
For the flight mode, Normal, hover and go home, another channel.
For the compass, one more channel for carefree and heading lock functions.
For the gps, one more for height hold, position hold and go home.
That makes 7 channels. And my DX8, which I thought was enaugh, only leaves me one channel for cam control (not enaugh).
Am I missing something?
You guyes also spend 7 channels when using compass and gps?
How many channels would I need for driving and taking pictures or video? Is my DX8 already useless?
Please comment
C. Monteiro

you can plug in the camera mount functions to the FC1212 and that would be ch 9, 10, 11 for the shutter ch, 6 heading lock/care free, 7 and 8 will be assignable altitude lock. the DX8 will definatly do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
C.
forget about using a channel for flight mode. set it to Hover in the software and leave it there. Cruise mode is a very challenging mode to fly in and not suitable at all for anything involving a camera.
Bart

CMonteiro

Thankyou so much (this is for Xaircraft USA).
I was completely confused. A I didn't install the camera mount, I didn't even look at the respective instructions at WIKI. And I was figuring it all wrong. Anyway, before I make all the connections, If you allow-me, I'll post here a schematic drawing with all the connections. And then you can correct me, if something is wrong. I am more happy now.
Thanks again
C. Monteiro

Last edited by a moderator:

CMonteiro

Yes Bart, that would be a good idea. But I don't know how to do that.
Apparently, I have to connect the FC1212 input to the receiver, on a channel with a three positions switch, so that I can get the fields Nor, Att and RTH lighten in green.
If I connect this FC1212 channel 5 to the receiver, on a two way switch on the transmitter, then I only can get the NOR filed in green, or the RTH. And I don't know how to change that.
If you have a hint, please tell me. I am trying to sort this out.
C. Monteiro

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
C.
Are you comfortable with the software yet? I don't have an FC-1212 to hoook up to the computer anymore so I'm not sure exactly how to make the change but I think you just assign Hover mode to each of the different positions associated with that function and you then no longer have to assign a channel to it. Someone else may be able to explain it better but it saves you a channel and you can still fly the thing pretty much however you want. Cruise mode is more of an experts only type of thing since it shuts off the gyro stabilization.
Regards,
bart

DaveM

Yes Bart, that would be a good idea. But I don't know how to do that.
Apparently, I have to connect the FC1212 input to the receiver, on a channel with a three positions switch, so that I can get the fields Nor, Att and RTH lighten in green.
If I connect this FC1212 channel 5 to the receiver, on a two way switch on the transmitter, then I only can get the NOR filed in green, or the RTH. And I don't know how to change that.
If you have a hint, please tell me. I am trying to sort this out.
C. Monteiro

C.

To get a 2 way switch working for ATT & RTH only, you will need to alter the travel adjust for that channel, 5 or Gear in this case, from 100% to 0%.

The display shows 100% - 100% in the DX8 menu, it is the right hand 100% that needs reducing to 0%. Then reverse the gear channel in the TX.

If for any reason it now switches between NOR and ATT then reverse that channel in the DX8.

I am doing this from memory, so hopefully it is correct.

Dave