Hello northern New Mexico here!

joecrotch

Hello there. my name is Joe I'm from Northern New Mexico, Santa Fe to be exact. I am a long time RC hobbyist but new to multi-rotors. I have built and flown lots of RC aircraft just not very many electrics. I had a daughter 3 years ago so got out of the hobby for a while because of time and money. But I am now back and with force. I like so many before me have the multi rotor bug and bad. So I just finished my first build a tri-copter. Here is the list of specs.

Hobby King X900 Frame
Skywalker 20A ESC's
Emaxx 1200kv 3522 brushless
APM 2.6 flight controller
custom foam board fuselage
Turnigy 9g servo
3s 45c Nano tech
Neo 6m GPS
Sonar sensor

Anyway cant wait to be an active member and learn a lot. Hope I can ad to the community, By the way I am in radio communications professionally. So if there is anything I can help with please ask. I have lot of experience in UHF and VHF as well as microwave!
Cheers!

Here is a pick just before I finished build.

(edit) so thought I would add some finished pics now that got home this morning. The little tube on the front is the 2.4ghz receiver antenna. I mounted it at a 45 to help with polarization.

Attachments

• tri.jpg
    tri.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1952.jpg
    IMG_1952.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 451
Last edited by a moderator:

joecrotch

hey guys so I am deep into my FPV setup and every thing is going good except I made a big mistake I bought what I thought was a real 3dr telemetry radio kit and now that I have received it, it clearly is not! I looked back on the Ebay add and if I would have read a little more carefully I would have noticed it says based on 3dr. Anyway I tried following the instructions for 3dr's system and I still cant get it to connect to my apm 2.5. It does have a solid green light meaning that the two radios are talking to each other. I have searched everywhere for a thread or something to help me set this up. Help please here is a link to the item I bought like a noob! http://www.ebay.com/itm/200997641128?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Also list of my build parts a follows

APM 2.6 (no jp1)
3dr power module
LEAH GPS
9x 9ch receiver 2.4ghz
1.2ghz fpv gear
and the 900mhz telemty