Hello from western ma

hello, new here from western MA. i just assembled my first quad a DJi f450 with Naza M lite + GPS. assembly went smooth took most of the afternoon taking my time making things neat. programing the Futaba T8J wasnt to bad honestly i just fallowed a few YouTube videos. I'm new to all this so iv got a lot to learn wish i could get out and try it out but its going to rain here till Monday sometime:upset:. i was able to do a couple test flights in the house but nothing more then a hover.

MrTommy

hello, new here from western MA. I was able to do a couple test flights in the house but nothing more then a hover.

Hi Scott! Welcome to the board.

Hovering is good. In fact, a really good skill to develop well. It's how you save yourself from the agony of broken toys - ha. I had to do my first prop replacement because of in-house 'hovering' (which did not go well!). Now I do nothing in the way of flying in the house.

jbrumberg

Welcome Scottl1346- We may be "neighbors". I live in western MA as well. I am currently in FL on family business, but someday I will be returning. I only fly outdoors now. Someday if the ice/snow ever melts I have a private 5 acre airfield on my property.

Good luck.

Jay

Hi Scott! Welcome to the board.

Hovering is good. In fact, a really good skill to develop well. It's how you save yourself from the agony of broken toys - ha. I had to do my first prop replacement because of in-house 'hovering' (which did not go well!). Now I do nothing in the way of flying in the house.

Thanks.
yeah im not flying it in the house anymore didn't brake anything but i had a little run in with the fridge lol

jbrumberg

No, I live and fly over Cummington, MA; but we are close. There are no laws, regulations, or restrictions regarding RC aircraft (yet) in Cummington. There are apparently a few RC people within 30 miles of the two of us.

Who knows, one guy at RCG has property between our two locations that he flies. He has expressed some interest previously of maybe getting a group of flyers that he knows together if/when Spring ever comes. Before I came down to FL I still had 8" of ice/snow on my open field. I do not think that things have changed significantly yet.

Good luck with the flying.

Jay

mbowser

Hi Scott,
I'm an ex-western mass'r (now in central NH), but I know that area well, my mother used to live in Ware and I grew up in the Northampton area. Hopefully the weather is 'on the mend' so to speak, and outdoor flying might not be such a challenge anymore.

-matt

Thanks. NH must be nice im sick of MA. i live 1 town over from NOHO. the weather has been pretty weird so far this year wish it would warm up a little more.

to be honest iv never herd of that town lol just looked it up it's a bit of a drive. those are some awesome pictures i just picked up a gopro hero 3+ black have any suggestions on how to mount it to get good quility pictures