Hello from Waterloo, ON, Canada

DesignTypeGeek

Quad-copter Newbie
I just got into the scene of UAV/drones/quadcopters on Tuesday, so I'M very new to all this. As a kid I always wanted a remote control car and never got one. I once had a controllable toy tank which was very cool, but the controller was a handheld unit wired to the tank :)

Anyway, I've never even flown an RC helicopter before so I am very new. I brought my Domida Ominus to work today (at a university during March Break tours) and everyone loved it, and I got some of my first flying footage of the camera, highest flight and longest time in air before crashing :)

I also spontaneously learned how to do a "funnel" after seeing it in a video and wondering how it could be done. I had learned to do a pirouette last night in my basement :)

No camera yet, but instead of buying a more expensive model I'm going to try and attach a 3rd party camera instead. Also interested in seeing the weight capacity of the quad. Maybe later I'll get into building my own.

Great to find a nice little forum that I might be able to spend some time in and learn a lot, before my ever changing list of interests changes again. But for the moment, my 4 year old loves seeing fly :)

Cheers from Waterloo!
-Rick

Pumpkinguy

Welcome Rick.
I will give you the low down. This forum hasn't been around as long as another very well known one so there is not as much traffic but there are a couple reasons I stay here. The crowd here is a little older IMO. Lots of middle aged guys. There is a higher ratio of Professionals here. Guys that you can really learn from. No bs. No personal attacks etc. It really is a great resource. The only complaint I have is that we need a few more Canadians here. :)

Chris