Hello from the Fabricator!

Chip

Hello Everybody! I am new to the forums here. I am new to quality drones as well. I had a couple cheap drones then a tello. I decided to buy a Mavik Platinum just this week. I have only as of yet flown just here in the yard, some hovering, learning the camera and functions. I live in the mountains of West Virginia (Morgantown) . I have some beautiful scenery and locations to capture some pics and video of once my confidence improves. I really like the Platinum so far. Appears to be well made and from all my research and reading it was pretty much the one to purchase for my needs. My peeve or dislike flying our drones. I hate using my phone to fly my drones. For the tello i made a little mount i could use the cheap 8 inch samsung tablet to mount to the TDS-1 controller. With the platinum i researched and did not like how most of the quality tablet holders mount and cover the controller display. I bought a new ipad mini specific for my platinum and mount in the controller thing, was not comfortable to hold, felt like i was going to drop it, just not to my liking. So off to the garage for some fabrication. After some guess measuring, little cutting, bending, welding and a piece of a car phone mount i fabed my own tablet holder. It is just a rough first prototype but i like it. It fits my big ass hands well, not to heavy and sturdy.. The ipad ended up being 2 inches away from the antennas of the controller with no obstruction of view of any of the screens. Just thought i would say hello to everyone and share just a bit. Look forward too meeting and learning from you all..

Attachments

• 20191005_131427.jpg
    20191005_131427.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 225
  • 20191005_131440.jpg
    20191005_131440.jpg
    946.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 20191005_133637.jpg
    20191005_133637.jpg
    949.2 KB · Views: 248