Hello From TEXAS!

Hey everyone!
Im Ruben and I run an IT Company here in Texas. We also have a production company and ordered a octocopter out of the country. Pretty nice setup but been having some issues with it taking off on its own. After trying to get back with the seller we had way too many issues and language barriers and now are on our own. hope we can find some help from all you wonderful people. WE had a Turnigy ER9x transmitter and switched to a Futaba t8fg with a 6208sb instead of the 9xecv2 and sbe1 it had. thought i had it all setup correctly but the darn thing wont turn on with the csc commands. let me know if any u guys out there have a wookong octocopter with futaba transmitter running sbus
thanks,
Ruben

DJI Wookong M
2x4s 5800mah lipos
8x30a turnigy plush escs
futaba 6208sb
futaba t8fg
gimbal
optional canon t21, nikon 5100

remyd

I had the same problem - it will be your channel mixing when you calibrated to tx in the DJI software probably when you setup your elevator direction - try reversing elevator and see what happens after you initiate the start command.
Cheers,
Remy

Would that be set on the assistant software or the tx. I can set reverse on tx in reverse menu option or in wookong software. And when u mean E you are referring to channel 2 correct? Channel 3 is set for throttle which is already reversed. Thank u for your help btw

remyd

My issue was the way i had the sticks calibrated in the DJI software. If the directions are not correct then the CSC commands wont be correct and thus the motors won't start. I am using a mode 1 radio so i am hesitant to give you direct advice as i might say the wrong thing given that you are probably using a mode 2 radio? That said i found the the elevator direction wasn't intuitive for the way i would go up and down in a rc plane and when i reversed the elevator everything worked . The other channels were sensible. Have to sleep now but i will check back later.
Cheers,
Remy